PDA

View Full Version : But the craziest people of them ALL

Jaie Miller
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Are those African church leaders...'NOW BRING ME THE BLOOD OF THE MONKEY!!!' 'GOOO!!'

I just think it's ironic:

Any nominations for crazy people?

vimothy
11-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Eugen Groshce of the F.'.S.'.

crackerjack
11-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Eugen Groshce of the F.'.S.'.

???

vimothy
11-02-2008, 05:14 PM
???

In Nomine Demiurgi Saturni (http://user.cyberlink.ch/~koenig/fs1.htm)

Electric Angel
11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Scientologists.

fokse vektaire xeven
11-02-2008, 08:16 PM
scientologists are just constantly on the end of it at the moment ;)

Daniel Schreber? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Paul_Schreber)

vimothy
12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
scientologists are just constantly on the end of it at the moment ;)

Daniel Schreber? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Paul_Schreber)

Weird that the wikipedia page doesn't mentioned D+G at all.

dHarry
12-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Weird that the wikipedia page doesn't mentioned D+G at all.

In the Freud's Interpretation section:

Freud thought that Schreber wanted to be turned into a woman so that he could be the sole object of sexual desire of God (who represented Schreber's father, Daniel Gottlob Moritz Schreber). This view has been contested by a number of subsequent theorists, most famously Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari in their work Anti-Oedipus and elsewhere. Their reading of Schreber's Memoirs foregrounds the political and racial elements of the text; they see Schreber's written experience of reality abnormal only in its honesty about the experience of power in late capitalism.

vimothy
12-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Ahh... Judge Schreber doesn't seem that crazy compared to some of the wacky interpretations of his pathology: "Freud thought that Schreber wanted to be turned into a woman so that he could be the sole object of sexual desire of God".

Anyone remember that Klein story, telling a playing child that "the train is Daddy, the tunnel is Mummy"? Psychoanalysts crack me up!

Actually psychoanalysts would probably make a pretty interesting sub-group of crazy people...

swears
12-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Regularly, Schreber would expose his body to his doctors, asking them to look at his "almost female breasts." One of the medical reports states that he "now and then engages in quite trivial dalliances" and can be found "often naked in his room, laughing and yelling in front of a mirror, adorned with colorful ribbons."

fokse vektaire xeven
12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Add Burzum as the soundtrack and that's just a typical night in for vimothy ;)

If you haven't read Memoirs of My Nervous Illness it's well worth having a look at.

Mr. Tea
12-02-2008, 01:14 PM

Hahaha. :)

As far as sects go, I'd like to nominate those Kabbollocks weirdos that Madonna is mixed up with. Although they're perhaps not all that crazy, as such, just dedicated to ripping people off with a zeal rare outside, ooh, the Church of Scientology. They score extra points for pissing of religious Jews by (mis)using the Torah as the 'basis' of their zany new-age tripe.

swears
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
My friend's brother worked as a psychiatric nurse and has all kinds of interesting stories about the patients:

One young man thought that Arnold Schwarzenegger was his dad and that all his film roles were real and that he was coming to take him away to the Mars base in Total Recall.

Another could do really accurate impressions and wound all the staff up by mimicing their voices all day, didn't actually ever speak in his own voice.

A compulsive masturbator who would just whip it out anywhere as if nobody was watching, totally oblivious. Got transferred after he started in front of visitors to the ward, including some children. (This is quite common, apparently.)

Sixteen year old lad convinced his entire life was virtual reality. Actually came up with some good philosophical arguments as to why this was the case. My mate's brother found him really interesting to talk to, and was sort of sorry when he recovered.

swears
12-02-2008, 01:40 PM
There are some quite common delusions, aren't there?

Believing you're jesus

That you've invented some sort of device/come up with a scientific theory that will change the world

That you have things implanted in your body like tracking devices/microchips

That aliens are in contact with you

That the world is ending, often involving some kind of interpretation of the book of revelations

The imagination needed to to sustain some of these fantasies is quite impressive.

Mr. Tea
12-02-2008, 01:49 PM
The imagination needed to to sustain some of these fantasies is quite impressive.

Fuelled by the gnawing existential terror that you are, in fact, a perfectly ordinary, boring person.

swears
12-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Fuelled by the gnawing existential terror that you are, in fact, a perfectly ordinary, boring person.

Yup. I think this is why so many celebs go nuts and/or join wacky cults.

vimothy
12-02-2008, 02:07 PM

Burzum's a bit too listenable -- I'd probably go for something Canadian like Lust or Revenge, and imagining the pores in my skin are secreting sex organs ....

vimothy
12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Hahaha. :)

As far as sects go, I'd like to nominate those Kabbollocks weirdos that Madonna is mixed up with. Although they're perhaps not all that crazy, as such, just dedicated to ripping people off with a zeal rare outside, ooh, the Church of Scientology. They score extra points for pissing of religious Jews by (mis)using the Torah as the 'basis' of their zany new-age tripe.

The CoS also has its roots in the New Age-esque QBL of Crowley and the OTO.

Did anyone see the programme where someone secretly filmed members of the CoS recommending £100 bottles of water as a cure for cancer?

vimothy
12-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Sixteen year old lad convinced his entire life was virtual reality. Actually came up with some good philosophical arguments as to why this was the case. My mate's brother found him really interesting to talk to, and was sort of sorry when he recovered.

Actually, this is probably true (http://www.simulation-argument.com/).

Mr. Tea
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Did anyone see the programme where someone secretly filmed members of the CoS recommending £100 bottles of water as a cure for cancer?

No, but I've seen the exact same thing on a programme about Kabballah.

It's fucking disgusting. Ripping off rich Holywood idiots who'll swallow any rubbish to try and cover up the emptiness inside is one thing - in fact I'm not sure it shouldn't be actively encouraged - but preying on vulnerable, desperate people with incurable illnesses is just vile. Lock 'em up and through away the key (or better still, stick 'em in a volcano and drop a few H-bombs for good measure).

swears
12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I've heard about that theory...

But I think this fella thought that it was just him that existed in this world and that everybody and everything else was an illusion. Everybody being in the simulation together isn't quite as scary, at least you are as "real" as I am, in that case.

xpost to vimothy

vimothy
12-02-2008, 02:19 PM
No, but I've seen the exact same thing on a programme about Kabballah.

Sorry -- I meant Madge's "Kabbalah" friends. The same programme had them selling copies of the Zohar and the Sefer Yetzirah for thousands of pounds each. They're fucking free on the internet!!!

Mr. Tea
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Actually, this is probably true (http://www.simulation-argument.com/).

Haha, spot the dude who never quite got over that one time he watched The Matrix while really mashed...

I know all about the sensation of 'living in a simulated world'...mushrooms...first time...waaay too many...yeesh. :eek:

IdleRich
12-02-2008, 02:35 PM
"Did anyone see the programme where someone secretly filmed members of the CoS recommending £100 bottles of water as a cure for cancer?"
Didn't they start a fund to fly bottles of the holy water to the victims of the Tsunami a couple of years back?

"Believing you're jesus"
One of my friends was born on Christmas day and apparently as a young child believed that everyone was on about him during the festive period. Ironically, when he grew up he ended up in a loony bin for completely different reasons.

Jaie Miller
12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
I was at kings cross, I got lost or somthing, i went out, when I should have stayed in..and then I had to find my way back to where I needed to be...Anyway..along the way I saw an african woman struggling with her suitcase...it was a big fucking suitcase, so ..I dont know what kinda black power ego trip i was on at the time, but i thought it would be a good idea to help her with her bag... (?????)

so i'm helping her with her bag, and THIS FUCKING SUITCASE IS HEAVIER THAN A MOTHERFUCKER!!! I dont know how she was lifting that motherfucker or what, but I was swaeting like a motherfucker....so we got it onto the elevator and I gave up, but she carried on , I dont know how, but as I was leaving, something told me,,,,,

.....there was a monkey in that suitcase.........there was a monkey in that suitcase.....or a boy........but defiatly a monkey....

incredible...

Mr. Tea
12-02-2008, 10:06 PM
You sure it wasn't snails? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4327195.stm)

Jaie Miller
17-02-2008, 06:08 PM
i dunno man, fucking snakes or something.

Mr. Tea
17-02-2008, 07:37 PM
i dunno man, fucking snakes or something.

Pffft. The best thing I read about that film was someone's comment along the lines of "What I find most worrying is the idea that, in ten years' time, we may be calling SOAP the film that started the dangerous-animals-unleashed-in-an-enclosed-space action subgenre".

noel emits
17-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Was he referencing a film? I though it was a real life experience. I wonder if the weight inside the case was shifting in a curious and uncanny way so as to suggest organic / living contents?

Jaie Miller
17-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I though it was a real life experience.

It was real. if i was making it up, i would have put some robots in there or somthing. or we would have been dragged away by the underground mutant animals-there's a huge cover up about the underground tube aniaml mutants. The people that you see going into the station at night, to do 'maintainence' or whatever are actually an elite force specifically designed to tackle the growing problem of mutant tube animal cretures that attack. Thats what i would have put. ??

There wasn't bulging, but the case was HEAVY!!!!!!!!!

I'm being 2% racist here. Forgive me.

and somthing did tell me.....there was a monkey in that suitcase.

Mr. Tea
17-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry Jaie, I don't disbelive your story at all: I just thought your later mention of snakes was a ref to Snakes On A Plane. The 'plane' bit came from the news story I posted about the woman with the snails, not your suitcase story, which I mixed up.

Jaie Miller
17-02-2008, 09:07 PM
crackerz:rolleyes: