villalobos

mpc

wasteman
the new album is a bit shit, isn't it?

just cos everyone liked the previous one, they're pretending they like this too.

i know what you guys are like...

S

simon silverdollar

i haven't got it- can't be bothered buying it cuz everyone i've spoken to about it says it's really hard work. and life's too short for things that are hard work.

that first one is amazing tho, isn't it.

mpc

wasteman
the new lp is totally lacking in melody. it doesn't even really sound like villalobos. 'alcachofa' was excellent. "...harem..." does almost work when listened to in some situations, but that's not good enough. you can mumble along to 'easy lee' and other tracks on the previous lp, but no such excitement on the new album.

tsk tsk tsk.

polystyle

Heard some good remixes, production work by V on Weatherall web radio mix
Bought "Alcachofa" without listening, my mistake
Yawn
Left it out by the buildings mailboxes for someone else ,

ambrose

didnt really like alcachofa (sort of hate easy lee), except for the wicked slap bass tune called waiawan or something. the au hareme.....is awesome!

its the sort of album snd would make if they woke up from hibernation. thats an awful description, but anyway i really liek the album. no everyone has a popist agenda, and besides, the melodies on the au hareme.....are pretty exquisite.

mms

sometimes
nah it's stunning, well twisted with lush meldoies, much better than the last one which was only pretty good towards the end .

shaun L

Alcachofa has more lively programming, alarming bass and spannered vocoding- which makes Harem seem a bit of a plodder... and the middle trax are pretty forgettable., but the dosed harp on Hireklon is pretty unique-its a shame Harem hasn't got more trax with singing on... the closing 2 (on the cd) are made (for me) by the interplay between 'house' vocals and the insectoid broken techno.
Alcachofa :cool:
Harem :confused:

adam

I want to like it. I want to get lost in it the way I did with Alcachofa, but it's not doing for me.

Only just discovered Lucien-N-Luciano's "Blind Behaviour" which I would rate above any Villalobos. Wow.

S

simon silverdollar

yeah that lucien album is wicked, although i think it might be just a little too long. there's the feeling that ideas are getting stretched towards the end. but yeah, those romantic blissy sound drifts are pretty much just what i like in music.

listening to alcachofa today- those final two tracks are just perfect. when the bass comes in on 'dexter'. ooooo whatarush!!