prancehall in nme

mms

sometimes
prancehalls got a piece in nme on how grime became funky house.
that'll keep him in martyn records.

mpc

wasteman
prancehalls got a piece in nme on how grime became funky house.
that'll keep him in martyn records.

thanks, i got the martyn record eventually. i swear my postman is taking half my records. he only let that one thru cos it was recorded.

i haven't seen the nme piece but the article i sent them was about how funky house has become accepted by people who were into "urban" music. geeneus is making it, so is dj bossman (perempay), ng was in a grime crew, etc. i'm not sure if they have put a spin on it. i hear they have used quite an interesting choice of pics to go with it even tho i sent them photos of apple, ma1 and geeneus.

Yeah, sorry about that, I think I may have misunderstood a number of things before posting that and now feel quite the idiot.

mpc

wasteman
i would like to take this opportunity to point out that i obviously did not write the headline for the guardian piece or the little trail/sell beneath it.

the comments on guardian blogs are endlessly depressing. the article in nme isn't online anywhere is it?

mms

sometimes
thanks, i got the martyn record eventually. i swear my postman is taking half my records. he only let that one thru cos it was recorded.

i haven't seen the nme piece but the article i sent them was about how funky house has become accepted by people who were into "urban" music. geeneus is making it, so is dj bossman (perempay), ng was in a grime crew, etc. i'm not sure if they have put a spin on it. i hear they have used quite an interesting choice of pics to go with it even tho i sent them photos of apple, ma1 and geeneus.

yeah i had to send another one !
yeah they've put a spin on it as if grime is dead and funky house is next, and there is some stuff about dubstep being for stoned students speaking in fake patois, which sounds better than being a drunk student and listening to indie if you ask me.

fuck me man those ppl on the boards of the guardian are the epitome of smug middle class know it all bores.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
fuck me man those ppl on the boards of the guardian are the epitome of smug middle class know it all bores.

You sound as though this has been a revelation ;)

I remember working at The Times (even worse, obv) for free a few years back, when Ed Case was huge at the tail end of the garage. Did anyone there writing on music have a fucking clue who he was? Of course not.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
the football ones make me suicidal. as do most of the "urban music" ones.

How true. If I see one more argument on there about the relative merits of the "Big Four" and the appropriateness or otherwise of filling newspaper inches with articles on them, I may be forced to, um, be quite angry.

mms

sometimes
You sound as though this has been a revelation ;)

I remember working at The Times (even worse, obv) for free a few years back, when Ed Case was huge at the tail end of the garage. Did anyone there writing on music have a fucking clue who he was? Of course not.

yeah i'm talking about the comments not the piece which was fine.