mark ronson-brit awards

labrat

hot on the heels of love
i'm sure this aint the place to ask this but what was the song he did eith adele on telly last night?

hucks

Your Message Here
Coldplay, God put a smile upon your face.

It was terrible, didn't you think? The song was too low for her to sing, and the arrangement was for brass anyhow, so there was all this parping going on in the background, drowning her out.

Amy Winehouse was ace on Valerie, though.

swears

preppy-kei
I noticed that all the music featured last night seemed to have this cosy, sepia tinted feel to it. Sort of tastefully bland in a reassuring way, no real cheap/tacky/sexy pop.

Dusty

Tone deaf
The highlight was Kylie's daftpunk rip-off.

It felt rather odd watching this propping-up of the flagging UK music industry, and it felt so meaningless as the presenter announced the number of album sales for a particular artist. I liked the way Adele (spelling?) blew the process when asked about her award backstage- by flatly admitting she had been told she had won it in November.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Coldplay, God put a smile upon your face.

It was terrible, didn't you think? The song was too low for her to sing, and the arrangement was for brass anyhow, so there was all this parping going on in the background, drowning her out.

Amy Winehouse was ace on Valerie, though.

Valerie is one of the ultimate good karaoke anthems (as the video amply demonstrated). I mean this as praise. But, paradoxically, Winehouse's voice/interpretation makes the record itself. She is a helluva talent - it's a pity the dailies (and class A drugs?) have got their claws into her.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
But Ronson is surely one of history's shitest producers. Appallingly tepid. And that cover of Stop Me....shudder.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
I try not to be negative et etc but I really can't understand the appeal of Mark Ronson. Sure, he did a great job producing Amy Winehouse's album, but it seems such an odd thing to get a brit fo; making brass covers of other peoples songs. It just seems really weird.

swears

preppy-kei
Ronson's productions remind me of Phil Collins' cover of "You Can't Hurry Love", real obvious-signifier retro. At least dig up something that hasn't been rehashed to death.

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
Personally i find ronson to be such an incredible void of smarmy nothingness that its hard to get upset... until i started writing this and now i want to rant for 6 weeks. He's the jeremy kyle of music.

also, what is it with his shit cheapo videos when he never features the er, stars singing his farty over nonsense.

also, he DJ'd at mr scientology's wedding which is the entertainment equivalent of having joe pasquale sing an aria at ur own funeral.

mms

sometimes
he's a rich smarmy nyc socialite isn't he?
He's been around for a long time, he produced a particularly awful hip hop album that listed loads of top of their game mcss about 9 years ago i remember.
cover versions of current indie songs in an old fashioned parpy sound way just about says it all.

straight

wings cru
its that horrible radio 1 live lounge phenomenon. 'oh its mutya from the sugababes singing skiffle arrangements of eric prydz, isnt that clever?' its disgusting how the nations groove armada fans have swooned over james last.

gumdrops

i find ronsons enthusiasm for what he does hard to hate on. he seems to like music so much that even though he makes mostly bland boring music and works with shit vocalists like daniel marriweather murdering smiths songs, when i see him grinning while playing a double necked guitar like last night i find myself quite liking the guy.

amy winehouse though needs to fucking sort out her live vocals. just once i would like to see her perform and not make a total hash of it. she should be able to sing remotely on beat at this stage.

polystyle

Didn't see those Awards , but Mark Ronson gives 'Ronson' a bad name.
Dunno anyone here in NYC that's actually gone out to catch him,
but some years ago he began his promo campaign into our consciousness ,
'DJ'ing at fashion shows and doing his covers thing , hanging out with hiphop .
Product through and through, however enthusiastic.
No luv her- unless you are a 'model' perhaps . Boo ...
Spiders From Mars' Mick Ronson somehow related ? Mark's mom + the guy from Foreigner ? = ?

gumdrops

that first album of his sucked, barring 1 or 2 songs. hes such an overrated producer, even if he does seem to have good taste in music.

DRMHCP

Didn't see those Awards , but Mark Ronson gives 'Ronson' a bad name.
Dunno anyone here in NYC that's actually gone out to catch him,
but some years ago he began his promo campaign into our consciousness ,
'DJ'ing at fashion shows and doing his covers thing , hanging out with hiphop .
Product through and through, however enthusiastic.
No luv her- unless you are a 'model' perhaps . Boo ...
Spiders From Mars' Mick Ronson somehow related ? Mark's mom + the guy from Foreigner ? = ?

his dad is Gerald Ronson one of the top 50 (?) richest men in Britain (nothing to do with Mick Ronson)...his stepfather is Mick Jones of Foreigner...