Erykah Badu : The Healer

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
My favourite tune at the moment

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

She should be sponsored by marijuana. Lady smokes more than Kate Bush.

Last edited:

polystyle

'Music ... bigger then religion'
'Music ... bigger then the government'

Interesting production
Think Sly would dig this

Thanks for that mister
a highlight of Sat so far

mms

sometimes
gorgeous, the last single was too.
really looking forward to this - she's so gorgeous too, undeniably unusual and gorgeous.

crackerjack

Only a list of producers so far, no mention of who's done what. Dilla, Badu, Madlib, 9th Wonder, Taraach and Georgia Anne Muldrow as well as who-he Mike "Chav" Chavarria.

I linked to the Honey vid a few weeks back iin a different thread, but it's worth another view. Fantastic video, gorgeous song.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i don't like erykah badu on principle, largely because of her record for driving rappers insane. a couple of weeks with her and even scarface would end up wearing a skirt and making concept albums about tantric vegetarianism in outer space. this record, however, is really good and, from what i've heard, the rest of the album is of similar if not better quality. also she is attractive enough to make it worth considering both vegetarianism and skirt wearing.

gumdrops

all her albums are really good. even the last one had some great moments. mamas gun however, is still the best. hope she sticks to her promise of releasing two albums this year. id wear several skirts for her, all at the same time if necessary.

this album is fucking amazing. i don't want to say it's better than her other stuff yet but it's really hooked me already- this is my 3rd listen and i've had it less than 6 hours.

zhao

there are no accidents
thanks for posting that mister S. i have never really listened to her ever before for some strange reason... but i'm going to now. espeically since i already dabble in vegetarianism and skirt wearing.

crackerjack

all her albums are really good. even the last one had some great moments. mamas gun however, is still the best. hope she sticks to her promise of releasing two albums this year. id wear several skirts for her, all at the same time if necessary.

New Amerykah > Mamas Gun

N

nomadologist

i really loved that phase she had when she made videos with future-primitivist styling--i didn't think she would top herself but this single is great

anyone have the whole album? :D