EARTHqUAKe?!!

vimothy

yurp
Oh shit -- I felt that! Everyone in the house ran downstairs thinking we were under some sort of subterranean scally attack. No sign of anyone, no sign of life in any of the other houses on my street... I thought we'd had a group hallucination. Weird feeling, but kind of cool.

swears

preppy-kei
You know what's funny? I was on the PC and the desk started to shake a bit and I assumed it was just a truck going past or whatever. Thought to myself "bit like an earthquake, lol".

Then I saw the headlines this morning and wow, it actually was.

Pestario

tell your friends
Did it reach as far as north London? I didn't notice anything. Then again, my flat vibrates whenever a bus goes past so I probably didn't notice it at all.

It reached as far south as my house in Kingston at least. I was watching Morven Callar, detected a faint rumbling that felt like small earthquake, watched a houseplant wave back and forth a bit, and thought 'this must be a small earthquake'.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
It's quite possible I felt something here on here South Coast. Had my headphones on and I think I just thought it was the neighbours banging around or a fight outside or something.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oddly enough, last night I played Quake III Arena for the first time in yonks. Didn't feel a damn thing, though, seismic-wise. Poot. :(

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Lights in the sky:

Wow, great footage. These lights a well-documented - a leading theory invokes high-tension electric fields caused by piezoelectric activity in stressed rocks. I never thought they'd be bright enough to be seen during the day, though.

The comments made me think of this:

youtube.png

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
That cartoon is nicely on point :)

I know earthquake lights have been known or suspected for a long time but I think this is the first time it's ever been filmed.