eccentric soul

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
If they're anything like Dave Godin's Deep Soul things then don't believe what people say about them, they're filled with dross *runs from soul police*

sharpless

what are these comps like? obscure sizzlers or justly-obscure tediousness?

The first installment, on the Capsoul label, is terrific, especially the four tracks by a group called Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum & Durr. Deep City label isn't bad either. You do have to watch out for tedious curiosities with Numero, though.

zhao

there are no accidents
If they're anything like Dave Godin's Deep Soul things then don't believe what people say about them, they're filled with dross *runs from soul police*

wow. that is actually something i've barely even allowed myself to admit, always defaulting to a "maybe i'm just not in the right mood", much less have had the courage to shout out on mount dissensus. you are a constant inspiration sloane.

but before i'm blacklisted must say i will prolly have at least 1 more go at it... maybe i'll dig it when i'm 64 :slanted:

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
A lot of Northern Soul is indeed rubbish, but slagging of the Dave Godin's comps.... are you nuts, crazy and stupid?

The Numero Group compilations are generally very good, by the way.