Lost new season

polystyle

Dunno if anyone is following the new season,
but it did become a show I end up plunking down each Thurs night to view in realtime.
The writers must have had some ... ah good stuff while working up these recent shows .
Where it goes does anybody know ?

The expanded cast this season , esp. Miles and his crew have added spark.
The flash forwards into future mess wit the mind too ...
Anybody else feeling this ?

Pestario

tell your friends
Yeah I love Lost. It's one of the few shows I watch regularly. To be honest though, I haven't been as compelled to watch season 4. I still watch it weekly but it feels different somehow. I think now that the plot has spread beyond the island, the sense of claustrophobia or abandonment has faded. A lot of the appeal of the show was that the everyone seemed to be at the mercy of the island but in the new episodes, the island doesn't seem to figure highly in the plot anymore. It's all about Ben now. No more of the giddy excitement of finding the hatch, pressing the button, the others, the monster etc. The island is known territory now.

I'm sure it'll pick up and there will be those beloved WTF moments but right now I'm finding it a bit slow.

zhao

there are no accidents
i watched season 1 last year... isn't it obvious that there is no ultimate point beyond the premise and they just keep coming up with more shit to lead you on and on and on? i saw 2 or 3 episodes of season 2 and the novelty wore off...

kind of like jail break - no where to go really after the initial story line, and they just keep milking it coming up with more and more outlandish twists.

ether

when anything is plausible it tends to make for dull viewing, this sort of thing has to exist in some kind of framework otherwise theres no compulsion to keep watching, way too fantastical I lost heart after series two.

polystyle

Well , ok people
It appears no one IS actually watching it now.

Thurs new ep was mostly continuous WFT
- time shifting capabilities possibly due to the what happened when that old button was not pushed to reset .

Pestario

tell your friends
Well , ok people
It appears no one IS actually watching it now.

Thurs new ep was mostly continuous WFT
- time shifting capabilities possibly due to the what happened when that old button was not pushed to reset .

I'm still faithful but haven't watched the latest ep. I've read about the time shifting thing in a few forums - very interesting. The thing with the picture frames in that dead kid's house etc, weird.