Boosh

zhao

there are no accidents
sometimes it's a little self conscious but mostly it's HAHAs anybody like it?

sufi

lala
yeh what's that about...? my mate got 'book of boosh' for his birthday and i was like: what's that about...? no idea at all, don't watch enough bbc (c4?) i guess

tell me (& no spoilers pls) is it worth it ? should i dl/catch up??

crackerjack

I almost watched one whole episode once.

first 10 mins seemed funny, after that I just felt about 100 years old. It's like Blue Peter on acid, but only about 1/4 as good as that sounds.

Saw Noel fielding on one of those panel shows and he struck me as someone who's been told how funny he is so often, he no longer sees the need to try.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Love it. Mainly for two reasons:

1) How D.I.Y. the whole thing is. They write their stupid songs together, design these cheesy sets and costumes, put their brothers sisters girlfriends mums in as cameos. You can tell they care tremendously about it without taking it too seriously and it is very endearing.

2) The jokes are funny because they are silly or because they are just plain funny in a time when most comedy is cynical or scathing or satirical.

BareBones

wheezy
i find the occasional moment in the mighty boosh funny but for the most part i find it pretty painful. I like the peripheral characters but noel fielding and the other dude really grate on me. I like the bits with Matt berry - i find him consistently hilarious.

have you guys ever seen a programme called "snuff box" which matt berry did with rich fulcher from mighty boosh? it was one of the funniest uk comedies i'd seen in ages but hardly anyone saw it as it was on at 1am or something, and they only did one series. you can watch it all on youtube though - the first episode is pretty slow but it gets better and better.

matt berry was also great in garth marenghi.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Saw Noel fielding on one of those panel shows and he struck me as someone who's been told how funny he is so often, he no longer sees the need to try.

Hahaha

I love the double act at the centre of it, the whimsical ''oh look its a poodle with a fin made of cheese'' side of it less so.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
refer you all to the aging badly thread.

like harry enfield, this will be forgotten five years after it finishes.

let's talk about good shit like the Conchords.

BareBones

wheezy
i hate rich fulcher so much i frighten myself

lol, i did too until i saw snuff box. honestly though, it's good!

i used to like flight of the conchords until someone at my work bought the album and insisting on playing it like twice a day for about a month, and would still laugh at it even after so many repeated listens. While i found it not really that funny at all after say four or five listens, and kind of excruciating after maybe 10-15 listens, and began generating suicide fantasies after about 20-25 listens. Now i just have an irrational hatred of them.
and they never wrote a song as good as this anyway :)

crackerjack

lol, i did too until i saw snuff box. honestly though, it's good!

i used to like flight of the conchords until someone at my work bought the album and insisting on playing it like twice a day for about a month, and would still laugh at it even after so many repeated listens. While i found it not really that funny at all after say four or five listens, and kind of excruciating after maybe 10-15 listens, and began generating suicide fantasies after about 20-25 listens. Now i just have an irrational hatred of them.
and they never wrote a song as good as this anyway :)

That's a shame, the concords show is the bollocks.

Comedy records - music or spoken, but especially music - have a cut-off of 5 plays max. Unless you're still at school, in which case you're allowed to play it daily for about two years and construct your entire personality around it.

mms

sometimes
i liked it, then i went to see them live it was crap and full of students who knew all the words it put me off and made me feel old, i like their silly hopeless world they've made though.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i liked it, then i went to see them live it was crap and full of students who knew all the words it put me off and made me feel old, i like their silly hopeless world they've made though.

snap. and Fielding was acting like an utter cunt all the way through. I do find Julian Barrett very funny though. He deserves a better straight man.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I like it. I like Tony Harrison, the pink bladder ("when I go large, I go large..granted"). I also like all the Shoreditch pisstaking that's going on in the third series. "Eels" where they meet the frightening green cockney, was a fantastic episode.