Stanley knives and cutting up vinyl

tryptych

waiting for a time
I've read that there's a techno DJ who cuts his own grooves into vinyl with a blade and plays them out. German, if my memory serves.

Can anyone help me out with his name?

mixed_biscuits

I hate it when reviewers sit on the fence:

I wanted to rate it 10/5. It's the first thing I would save from my home, in case of fire. the best CD I ever had the pleasure to buy. Clayton, SND, Delay, Pole, Fehlmann... they're NOTHING compared to Brinkmann (although that's maybe going a bit too far...).
He's the soundgod of klicks, throbbings, hums, loops, rustles, soghs and all minimal posttechno micro-noises...

A drug among music. Almost 60 mins of pure extasy.
Brinkmann's an archi-genious of sound.

"10 tracks made withtwo decks, an isolator, amixer and some with a TC multieffect. About 15 endless grooves, cut with a knife in the last groove of vinyl records, some voices from records as well, and feedbacks are the sound sources."
[NOTE:] "The loops are cut between 1978 and 2000..."

Klick is better than absolutly ANYTHING you can imagine (including everything;).
Hypnotic music for great pleasure BOTH of the brain and the body (if you listen to it on good headphones, you'll be able to actually FEEL some grooves - only Kit Clayton's Homonym Cask enabled me to "feel" sounds).

Definitly a must-have.
For any price.

Ps. Best at nighttime, or in a forest, and at nighttime in a forest - it's just such a pleasure that I.... there are no words to describe it.......