Strictly for the Vancouver Massive

Brokeman

Living Too Late
This one goes out to Kuma, Martyturenne & Bipedal Dave.
Four Grime heads might not make a scene, but it's a start. It's certainly enough to promote a one-off Grime event at a small club. A few of you were making reference to vinyl/CDs and whatnot, so I'm guessing some of us are DJs (I am too) even if the crates aren't exactly full of Terra Danjah dubplates.
I've been interested in giving a night a try for a while but have been waiting to find some other folks. If anyone's interested in getting a drink somewhere this week, talking Grime and possibly planning an event, let me know.

Safe.

PS. Anyone here know Josh Stevenson? He's a friend who just told me about a friend of his who worked at Video In and was big into the Grime. That you?

turtles

in the sea
I am unfortunately neither dj nor promoter (just yr average music obsessed net-head), but i'm always down for beers & good music talk and what have you. :D

Brokeman said:
PS. Anyone here know Josh Stevenson? He's a friend who just told me about a friend of his who worked at Video In and was big into the Grime. That you?
uhhh nope.

chimpybits

Hi Brokeman,

Hey wot about chimpybits!! the dood that knows josh and works at VI that be me: chimpybits aka Mark. I've been chatting bout getting together and playing some grime for some time. obv. i need an outlet as I'm always pushing this stuff on anyone that'll lend an ear (e.g. Josh Stevenson). in fact thought of doing something at VI. I have played hardcore Grime (Gangsta Toyz, Ruff Squad, etc) at a small party where I knew virtually no one and it went over well.

NE way YES lets meet over a drink. others ...

chimpybits2004 at yahoo ca
chimpybits.blogspot.com

Brokeman

Living Too Late
Chimpybits... Sorry man! I tried to search that thread for all the names and forgot ya!
I kinda hoped that you'd be on this forum after Josh said you spent your days getting a cathode-ray tan from the Grime sites. ;)
So, drinks! Does everyone know the Brickhouse on Main @ Union? I'll make a suggestion that we all hook up this Friday around 9pm. How's that sound? If the location's no good we could do it downtown at the Sidebar, both are quiet enough that it shouldn't be much work to find each other, and those are my two favourite bars in town.
Whaddya think, ya'll?

martyturenne

whoismikejones?
hi all

i'm no dj and no promoter, but yeah, it'd be nice to hook up. this friday's no good for me. maybe thursday or saturday instead? if not, i'd be eager to know what you guys come up with.

martyturenne

whoismikejones?
oh and i just found out that dizzee's playing the commodore on march 30. i wonder who HOB'll pick to DJ the night? maybe one of you guys should throw your hat in!

chimpybits

thusday or saturday's fine with me. damn i know wot I'm doing March 30: raskit! i got no dj hat to throw, but I'll sure feel like a wannabe that night.

Kuma

The Konspirator
martyturenne said:
oh and i just found out that dizzee's playing the commodore on march 30. i wonder who HOB'll pick to DJ the night? maybe one of you guys should throw your hat in!

Dana D.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
Hold tight marty, chimpy, kuma et al.
Thursday's good, Saturday's not so.

THURSDAY @ the BRICKHOUSE, 8pm

How's that?

Kuma

The Konspirator
Eep...earlier maybe but otherwise, it's a pass., studio time booked to finish mastering a CD.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
Bad news Kuma. Hopefully we can catch up another time soon.
I checked out your website, and despite the blurriness of the photo I think I recognize you from around town.
I worked at Otis on Davie for a while last year, did you ever go there?

Chimpy, you in?
Dave?

luka

strictly for the vancouver massive, track down my mate from new zealand matt perry for me, tell him luke says hi. cheers boys!