boredoms new live album

mms

sometimes
with a choir and 3 drums
absolutely insane, just weird overwhelming pure energy music.

cue heard it all before it's not new indie sounds the same derivative bullshit from ppl who haven't even heard it.

polystyle

One has to give Yamasuka and The Boredoms credit.
Not everything they do is a Super fav , but they stake out territory and do it with passion.
Currently touring the States with Soft Circle.
Look forward to hearing

Benny Bunter

I reckon Boredoms have just got better with time. Don't dig their early stuff like Chocolate Synthesiser that much, but from Super Ae onwards they've been great. Visioncreationnewsun and Seadrum are amazing, pure bliss.

Is this new thing an album or an EP (or somewhere in between maybe)?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Oh that does sound like Super Roots 9 but there is a new live DVD + CD as well. Bit confusing though. "CD+DVD set featuring The Boredoms' first ever live DVD plus Eye Yamataka's original breakbeat album. DVD includes footage of the band's 2005 American tour." Not sure what that breakbeat album is.

Heard it all before anyway, when I've seen them live. ;)

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
sorry yeah super roots 9 - i've always found them patchy since they started, they have moments of absolute amazingness and the newer live sets are incredible but they've never fully reached their potential on an album - super roots 9 is just mental though.
eyes dj stuff is great -also the carhouse and hellshit stuff with otomo yoshide is great! there was a tremendous review of the album http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/19782-live-ep?artist_title=19782-live-ep

here .

it's not out yet i heard a promo

DannyL

Wild Horses
Just finished my first listen to this. It's great - full on pounding relentless uplifting energy. That said it's a record of live gig - and I'm not sure how it translates listening to at home. There's not much song or structure to hang on to - Much less so than Seadrum, Super AE, or VisioncreationNewsun - it's just grip the coat tails and hold on. Which works wonderfully in a sweaty gig less so at home on a quiet Weds morning.

Guess I'll have to listen to it again :)

Leo

...there is a new live DVD + CD as well. Bit confusing though. "CD+DVD set featuring The Boredoms' first ever live DVD plus Eye Yamataka's original breakbeat album. DVD includes footage of the band's 2005 American tour." Not sure what that breakbeat album is.

that's boredoms "live in sun flancisco" on commmons, the cd is an ep that's technically listed as yamataka's breakbeat album but is really just more boredoms drum mayhem. not "breakbeat" as the term is often used here.