Deleting membership

N

nomadologist

I'm trying to find a way to delete my membership and if possible my posts in total, but I can't seem to find a way in the user CP.

If anyone can help me out I would be grateful. (Maybe it would have to be a mod doing this?)

N

nomadologist

Yes, the jig is up, and now I can't sit in my huge estate and get my kicks pretending to be an American girl. Damn you!

I really always thought there was a way to delete yourself at your own will. What gives? Is this feature gone since they moved the site or was I dreaming that?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
The only way I can see if to go to 'view all messages by this person' and then delete one by one, which, although kinda a hassle, would be quite satisfying, in its own way. Like that Gibson book that deletes itself as you read it.

N

nomadologist

The only way I can see if to go to 'view all messages by this person' and then delete one by one, which, although kinda a hassle, would be quite satisfying, in its own way. Like that Gibson book that deletes itself as you read it.

Good idea.

Still need to delete the membership if I can, though.

mistersloane

If only we could do that with some of your back catalogue, David, you'd be the perfect artist. *tin machine* *coughs*

N

nomadologist

hah yeah i'm no longer a very big fan of diamond dogs myself

i just tried to do the "list all" thing and I would literally have to go to each one and delete it on the board.

not worth it. i'll find an easier way, somehow, and if i can't i'm going to fuck with the password or something to bar entry

mistersloane

hah yeah i'm no longer a very big fan of diamond dogs myself

i just tried to do the "list all" thing and I would literally have to go to each one and delete it on the board.

not worth it. i'll find an easier way, somehow, and if i can't i'm going to fuck with the password or something to bar entry

Ok I'm out for a while, TAKE CARE xxx

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Ok, thanks to whoever deleted that membership.

I'd really like for all of my posts, every last one of them, to be deleted along with the membership please.

Thanks!

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I've enjoyed our little chats.

And yes, pretty much what zhao said. Hope to see you around.

Last edited:

trouc

trouc
Really doesn't seem like there was a good reason for this.

Hope you return, as I'm pretty sure I'll be reading dissensus less if you're not around.

mistersloane

Did you dream this?

you know what? i went to cross reference it after I wrote it and couldn't find anything about it, I'm SURE him and one of his collaborators did an installation that erased itself. But I can't find anything about it, maybe all of the references to it erased themselves as well...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm getting a sort of Inspector Gadget-meets-The Matrix vibe from this Gibson idea...