just how bloody brilliant is jah cure...

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i'd say joyously so...

he's on fiyah right now and has made three of my favourite records of recent months:

1) Longing For on Donovan Bennett's Drop Leaf rhythm
2) Searching on Lion Paw Productions' Nine-Eleven
3) So Free, his absolutely sodding fabulous collab with Vybz Kartel on Vertex records

anyone else as keen as me?

D

droid

stelfox said:
i'd say joyously so...

he's on fiyah right now and has made three of my favourite records of recent months:

1) Longing For on Donovan Bennett's Drop Leaf rhythm
2) Searching on Lion Paw Productions' Nine-Eleven
3) So Free, his absolutely sodding fabulous collab with Vybz Kartel on Vertex records

anyone else as keen as me?

Havent heard anything recently.. when did he get out of jail?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
he hasn't been released yet (sorry folks, i... um... neglected to mention that he's a convicted rapist). he's voicing these tracks from his jail cell, where he's likely to be for a decade or so. quite nuts, i know and not that nice, but i've come to believe that most of the music i like is by pretty objectionable people and his voice is just astounding.

Clubberlang

Wait, the guy who sang "Let Jah Be Praised" on the first Blackstar album is a convicted rapist?!?! Jeez that's gonna totally color how I think about that track. . .

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
(weakly)

is it OK to like fantastic music by a convicted rapist if he doesn't, y'know, sing about rape?

sharp intake of breath here... maybe we should cross-post this to the thought section and get the philosophers to sort this one out!

sufi

lala
"western region"

now that's a lovely track, can you recommend me a dub, please?

sad to hear he's a rapist, i guess sweetness sometimes comes from the most tortured souls