2562 - Aerial

stelfox

Beast of Burden
I think this could end up being one of my favourite albums of 2008. Certainly is so far...
Anyone else heard it? Thoughts?
It's quite excellent. Bridges the techno/dubstep gap more effectively than anyone has yet.
More rounded and skippy than most minimal these days and a hell of a lot more interesting than most dubstep, too.
Anyway, heartily recommended...

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
haven't heard it yet but i'm excited for the reasons you mention. some of the most vibrant sounds out there right now. sexy rhythms, skeletal and lush at the same time. is it on tectonic?

UFO over easy

online mahjong
he's basically my number 1 favourite producer at the moment, along with martyn.. I haven't heard the album yet but Techno Dread/Enforcers is a fantastic 12

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Sure it will be quality.

He played a great 2 hour set in Nottingham last night, really superb DJ/producer.

joe narcossist

Really badly want to hear this, the 12"s have been consistently brilliant.

His uber-swung remix of Dub-U + TRG's Losing Marbles should be out soon too i think b/w the original.

elgato

I just dont know
yeh i am anticipating this very excitedly

im very interested to see how the LP turns out, whether it is an attempt at something more than a collection of tracks. either way suits me fine to be honest

Pangaea

yeh i am anticipating this very excitedly

im very interested to see how the LP turns out, whether it is an attempt at something more than a collection of tracks. either way suits me fine to be honest

indeed! a collection of tracks is fine by me. pretty hard to successfully go beyond that in the genre, really, especially on the 'dj vinyl' format with only one or two tracks per side

really looking forward to it

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong
pretty hard to successfully go beyond that in the genre, really, especially on the 'dj vinyl' format with only one or two tracks per side

scuba did a pretty good job of it I reckon

2562's tunes are such genre-melting oddities anyway that i reckon he's one of the few that could do a really impressive stand alone LP

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I wish he'd called it 'In The Year 2562'.

Still, I'm liking this Dutchstep malarkey.

Didn't Kate Bush do an album called 'Aerial'?

Ory

warp drive
Promos are doing the rounds then, I take it? Can't wait to hear it myself, and I don't think I'm familiar with the new Tectonic 12" either.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Really badly want to hear this, the 12"s have been consistently brilliant.

His uber-swung remix of Dub-U + TRG's Losing Marbles should be out soon too i think b/w the original.

yep :)

it is due for release on hotflush records 2 on the 5th of May.

oh and 2562/ a made up sound/ dogdaze is brilliant

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
looking fwd to that. big up dub-u :D

btw, in a similar vein, martyn's forthcoming one on appleblim's applepips label is also top quality.

thanks man :) i am quite pleased about how that worked out- and i was honored that 2562 remixed it for us.

also yes martyn is on fire right now !

Last edited:

faustus

2562's tunes are such genre-melting oddities anyway that i reckon he's one of the few that could do a really impressive stand alone LP

maybe... obviously it's nice to get 10+ tunes for cheap, but i'm not sure i really see the point of a 'dance music album'. that said i am looking forward to scuba, grievous angel, meat beat manifesto.

2562 mixing on electronic explorations this week :D

elgato

I just dont know
this is obviously a generalisation but most of the upfront dance music albums i've enjoyed as 'albums' have operated much like dj sets... programming taking the listener to different places and intensities in the way a dj might. but i think it takes a really versatile and skilled producer to achieve that