Marcus Nasty

Crazie Cousinz show on Rinse is pretty sick as well and in the same vein- slightly more percussive stuff maybe- but yeah, I love these Deja Vu sets. I think the presence of hosts does help an awful lot, mind.

There's a facebook group with a LOT more of these sets archived, I'm told. I don't use facebook though so you're on your own with that one.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Mixed feelings about the Deja set that everyone is feeling so much, but some good feelings in there lol

Wonder how that night went? The lineup was big I wish I could have gone

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
am i the only one who was really really underwhelmed by those deja sets? I like the apple tunes i've heard but those funky bits weren't doing it for me at all. Maybe its because I listen to so much house in general that I don't like it.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I think the presence of hosts does help an awful lot, mind.

Wow, really? I was just thinking that quincy and shantie were embarrassingly bad, especially given Nasty's former associates. Thanks for that about Crazy Cs though, I'll look them out, great.

I like it cos it sounds great through macbook speakers. Haven't even listened on a proper system yet, all tinny and sparse, nice. No bass :).

Wow, really? I was just thinking that quincy and shantie were embarrassingly bad, especially given Nasty's former associates. Thanks for that about Crazy Cs though, I'll look them out, great.

I like it cos it sounds great through macbook speakers. Haven't even listened on a proper system yet, all tinny and sparse, nice. No bass :).

They're bad, but I find it hard to listen to just two hours of this sort of house with little or no interjection. It's like the Circle show on a Monday plays great stuff, but I find my concentration lapsing sometimes. It'd be very different in the clubs, I'm sure.

CCs are getting Styler G to host from this week onwards, should be interesting.

DeVille

what I want to know is what this shit is, and where can I get it? I know the big players, apple crazy couzins, footloose, invasion records etc but where are the tracklists and what shops sell it pref online? Any help would be appreciated...;)

hint

party record with a siren
what I want to know is what this shit is, and where can I get it? I know the big players, apple crazy couzins, footloose, invasion records etc but where are the tracklists and what shops sell it pref online? Any help would be appreciated...;)

http://www.uptownrecords.com/store is the only place I've found so far with a dedicated section (they call it "Urban House"). The 1xtra site is probably the only place to get tracklists.

Other online stores seem to get a few bits too, but you have to know what you want because it's just slipped in amongst the other house or garage releases.

sodiumnightlife said:
am i the only one who was really really underwhelmed by those deja sets? I like the apple tunes i've heard but those funky bits weren't doing it for me at all. Maybe its because I listen to so much house in general that I don't like it.

There are a handful of tunes in each of the sets that are certainly a bit different and exciting, but I agree that for the most part they're pretty standard if you're already checking house music anyway. I'm sure it will change though as more producers get involved and certain trends / styles develop.

I'm probably 6 months behind anyone else when it comes to grime politics, so forgive me for asking what Quincy is doing with Marcus Nasty.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
:rolleyes:

It's a different Quincy.

Trim's mate Quincy is this one-
http://www.myspace.com/quincysince1987
Marcus' mate Quincy is this one-
http://www.myspace.com/quincysound

I was thinkin it couldnt be the same one, you got further in your checking than I did though!

I've listened to the Circle and Crazy Cousins sets and I prefer Nasty's, his tunes sound cheaper, like people have taken less time with them, just loops with a bird singing over them rather than trying to make a 'house' tune.

luka

I think that helped send petch off into houseland. Ironically Marcus followed him.