Who has old grime sets on tape that haven't become mp3s yet?

Immryr

convert them, cunts. i'm not lucky enough to have been living in london between the `glory years`.

Simon SDC to thread!!

msoes

when i move to ldn you are going to see signs around east and north saying 'will buy your old grime cassettes for $$$'

tom pr

i've got a few somewhere actually. won't be able to dig them out until i'm home for summer, but i'll bear the thread in mind. my favourite was an essentials one that i did actually convert to mp3, but then i lost the walkman (the same trusty walkman i'd had since i was twelve or something!) at an airport and lost everything on that laptop.

S

simon silverdollar

yeah i've got loads that need ripping to mp3. i tried to do it a few years back, using Audacity, but that programme is a peice of shit, and seemed to eat up a huge amount of memory on my computer. does any one know of a better programme?

nomos

Administrator
yeah i've got loads that need ripping to mp3. i tried to do it a few years back, using Audacity, but that programme is a peice of shit, and seemed to eat up a huge amount of memory on my computer. does any one know of a better programme?
could be because you were recording to wav or aiff? (ie uncompressed) if you have a mac, wiretap (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/) is really good because it's little and it'll record directly to mp3. i'm sure there's something similar for windows too.

luka

ive got over 100 from 2001 on, but they will never be mp3s. at the moment i don't even have a tape deck. i got a few earlier ones too with my mate on, him and kano when kano was about 14 and him and d.e.e from about 1999 or something...
i wiley previewing icerink for the first time. i got paug sets. a more fire set from before oi dropped.... i got some nice things.... wiley and riko in their d&b days.. i got a m.a.d set or two... bushkin with east co... bit of this, bit of that... you know...

i will digitise any of these tapes discussed here if you'll allow me to lob them on the internet on a (non-profit) site I'm going to set up.

I'll be doing my own tapes next month or two, if you have any concerns about quality/me robbing them (or being born in liverpool)/my intentions etc.

A full archive of the 300 or so sets I currently have should be in 'beta' within the next few weeks. (mostly stuff already available on the internet).

Last edited:

luka

spyro and demon sets from before demon joined east co. jamakabi clashing more fire on de ja from about 2002/3. i've got a big clash champoinship tape with all unknown crews clashing it out in a tournament fashion! that one is quite big! nu brand flex from 2001. million dollar dream. ruff squad from pied piper days....