RIP John Peel

Leo

Been there for three years anyway.

weird that it's been up for three years yet suddenly posted online today in a bunch of places (Fact, Entertainment Weekly, Prefix, Spin, WFMU FB page, Seven Streets, etc.) i saw it here first, should we credit you with getting the ball rolling? :)

sufi

lala
That's brilliant
shame there's no festive 50 86 (or was it 87?) tho there was a link up somewhere on dissensus some time back...

Leo

with everything on today's commercial radio so buttoned-up, computerized and perfectly executed, it's wonderful and refreshing to hear a human dj with his occasional little flubs: dead air, record at the wrong speed, etc. i listened to a show from the early 80s yesterday where he introduced a song and proceeded to play a completely different one! i know some of these things happen today on rinse or pirates, but not so much on radio 1.

Last edited:

Leo

everything on his soundcloud is gone, including all those bbc essential mixes.

Leo

actually, it's not gone!

a smarter person than me noted: "All 481 files are still up if you search for them. Only the "set" has been removed, which is the thing other websites embedded. So if you go to those sites, it looks like they're gone."

CrowleyHead

These are actually available for torrent. Or rather, 17 archives of John Peel sets are, no idea if these are the same ones, I just happen to also have a bunch of digital versions of these sets... Probably has one to do w/ the other, so there ya go...

BareBones

wheezy
actually, it's not gone!

a smarter person than me noted: "All 481 files are still up if you search for them. Only the "set" has been removed, which is the thing other websites embedded. So if you go to those sites, it looks like they're gone."

forgive my stupidity, but when i click on that link it says there's 454 tracks over 46 pages, but i can't actually see any of them? every page is blank?

nochexxx

harco pronting
looks as if there account has been suspended. :(

currently downloading 'John Peel Torrent Comp 1 of 17' , which i managed to find
on piratebay. hoping i can grab all of it.

BareBones

wheezy
that's such a drag, why would the bbc get it all taken down? it's not like they're hosting them anywhere themselves and i doubt that they're planning on releasing some kind of 500 CD box set of it all