Help me find a record/cd

IdleRich

IdleRich
This is related to a kind of bet, a friend of mine wants to find an album by a band called Naked Souls who I think are a kind of nineties shoe-gazing type thing (possibly from eastern or central europe). The album is called Two and One and I need to find a copy for sale or trade that is on vinyl or cd - if anyone knows where I can lay my hands on one it would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: They are from Prague apparently.

john eden

male pale and stale
One member of discogs has it, so you could try emailing them and see if they want to trade/sell...

IdleRich

IdleRich
"best starting points are discogs and gemm
couldnt see anything on gemm
this is the discogs page, got some more info
http://www.discogs.com/release/735175"
Cheers for the tips. That's the thing, this girl didn't know about those and I thought that either gemm, netsounds, cdandlp, musicstack, ebay or discogs would turn it up no probs - but the only one I can find that has it is one guy on discogs and he's not listing it for sale. Must be rarer than I thought. Might have to get in touch with him if no dissensians can suggest a better way.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"All I can suggest is patience"
Not my strong suit.
Thing is, this girl asked me to identify a film from her description, I asked on vinylvulture and found out in about ten seconds. She was suitably impressed and then said, well in that case, do you reckon you can identify this book, if you can I'll buy you a drink - sure enough soon she was impressed again and buying me a drink. Then she said "find me this cd" and I'd obviously got a bit cocky by this point so I said "that will be no problem whatsoever - let's raise the stakes on this one" - have I been hustled?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well, the stakes have risen from one beer to three so it's not exactly going to be catastrophic - and not very exciting I'm afraid.

mos dan

fact music
i think things like this are quite exciting in the age of everything ever being available everywhere, all the time.

my own personal lost-and-unfindable gem is related to the 'romo' discussed in the music journalists thread - does anyone have orlando's 'passive soul' by any chance? i spent YEARS looking for that and failing to find it c.2000-05

EDIT: it's on ebay and discogs now. i spose i should be pleased, but.. damn. everything is available everywhere, all the time.

john eden

male pale and stale
There is still stuff/music which isn't on the net... I'm not naming it though!

Sure you can find most things by name, but that isn't the same as being available, or being available at a decent price. I'm sure a lot of us have mental wants lists we keep checking the same half a dozen places for...

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Got a friend in Prague who's looking into this for you."
Fantastic, thanks very much!

"Does it have to be a physical copy?"
Thanks but 'fraid so.

"i think things like this are quite exciting in the age of everything ever being available everywhere, all the time."
True enough, but I can't believe I'm investing time looking for someone else's lost gem(m). Having said that, everyone who has pitched in here is at least one further remove so, once again, thanks very much. Really appreciated.

"I'm sure a lot of us have mental wants lists we keep checking the same half a dozen places for..."
We do indeed - none of which may be mentioned in a public forum of course for fear of pricking up any listening ears.

polystyle

Id ?

If this has began to become the current rolling 'Help me find ...' thread,
I heard something from the end of one of the Sopranos last season shows again the other night that begged description.
The episode ends with baptism of the mob boss' cousin's baby and this music comes up >
No idea who it is / was , but it sounded British and I figure you know it / have it / have heard it ...
The track is minimal , a rat a tat snare heavily ring mod processed
( sounding not far away from Portishead's Machine Gun sound , and tho this track is faster, sonic would prolly mix with that )
over which an English accented 'rap' of sorts starts in talk rapping in a nicely layered trading off fashion with some verses ending in 'Chicken Town'.
After a verse of two - another drum snare overdub layer comes on and plays across the simple martial rat a tat tat, - back to vocal again and fades over the end credits.

The track is a bit of a brainworm, catchy ...
?

polystyle

Yeah, sure - that sounds very right , thanks.
Gawd just hadn't heard him in ages so he was off the brain.
Knew you would know it !
Sounding pretty 'now'

IdleRich

IdleRich
"One member of discogs has it, so you could try emailing them and see if they want to trade/sell..."
Thought I would give it a try....

"Hello,
How are you?
I notice that you list Naked Souls - Two and One as something that you have. I'm wondering if you would be prepared to sell it and, if so, how much for?
Thanks very much for your time
Regards
Richard"
"Sure, everything's for sale. It just depends on how wealthy you are. Does 5000 Pounds sound reasonable?"
Guess that will be a no then.