Non UK Festivals

straight

wings cru
A fair amount of bile starts flying around when the subject of UK festivals so is anyone going on any nice musical holidays this year?

Ive been to sonar a few times but i couldnt help but feel that it was ruined by most of the english people there last year thinking had bought a ticket for 3 days of creamfields and took the piss out of everyone else on site. I had much more fun a few weeks later at Exit in Serbia, super cheap in a beautiful location and what it lost for the lineup in made up for it with fantastic people

This year im off to Melt in germany this year http://www.meltfestival.de/programm.html which is next to impossible to buy tickets for if you cant speak german. Loads of good techno, Bjork and ..erm.. the Mitchell brothers

Anyone have any other discoverys where we can avoid our Stella swigging brethren?

m33k +i93r

TheUnridiculousBearMix
http://www.fusion-festival.com

four days/five nights on an ex-soviet airfield in old east germany. friendliest, most far-reaching and in some parts genuinely bonkers (as in trapeze artists flying across former missile bunkers) festival i've had the pleasure of.

not sure if i'll go, might have sold out already the website is in german.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
everyone whose been to the Fusion one recommends, can't go myself this year but would love to sometime.

i'm off to this hardcore 10 day party down in Metaponto, Italy, it's a bit London on sea but free and friendly. Just working out to play on my dj slot. Unsound - Beach Party

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Exit was great last year, but it wasn't short of british people thinking it was creamfields there either so I dunno what the difference for you was. I would like to go this year but none of my friends are going so...

Sonar it is hopefully. I'm going to get bang on the beans and wear reflective sunglasses and do the big fish thing to trance, in my head.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I know a few peope going out to that Unsound party Wonk - I got an invite this year, but the timing is all wrong for me unfortunatly. Have fun! (like you won't...)

I think I'm going to that festival the Unabombers are doing in Croatia - haven't got my ar$e in gear to book it yet though.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
To subvert the point of the thread within the first few posts, I'm going to Dot to Dot in Nottingham. It tends to involve a lot of fairly crap indie bands, nu rave kids in dayglo hoodies and local emo teens sitting in the corner crying, but it's local, there's generally something marginal to make it worth the fairly cheap price of admission, and I have a higher tolerance than most people around here for getting drunk and listening to mildly quirky indie bands or inept but enthusiastic local punks. Plus they've got a bit of Dirty Canvas involvement with BBK last year and Griminal and Dot Rotten this time.

On which note, does anyone recognize anything worth seeing on this list:
http://www.alt-delete.co.uk/dottodotfestival/2008lineup.html
I got quite excited about Natty until I realized they were a crap reggae influenced indie band and not actually either Congo Natty or Ratty.

straight

wings cru
Exit was great last year, but it wasn't short of british people thinking it was creamfields there either so I dunno what the difference for you was. I would like to go this year but none of my friends are going so...

Sonar it is hopefully. I'm going to get bang on the beans and wear reflective sunglasses and do the big fish thing to trance, in my head.

poor explanation by myself. it was more vice mag too cool for school wannabees at sonar, at exit everyone was really cheery and up for a laugh. even me.

tox

Factory Girl
Sonar for me this year. Not been before, but I'm pretty good at not worrying about the people around me as long as the music's good enough (and the line-up looks particularly nice so that shouldn't be too much of a problem).

Also heading out to Minus's Sunday Adventure Club in Berlin before hand... should be a minimal fuelled couple of days.

mos dan

fact music
i went to benicassim once - music was a bit shite-indie, but fuck me, it was next to a beach in spain, just south of barca, it was stupidly hot, the music didn't start til 9pm and went on til 7am every night, there weren't too many british people, and no-one even bothered to hide their weed ever, at all, which was plentiful. great fun.

zhao

there are no accidents
it is now almost certain that i will be playing Fusion... working out details this week

Pangaea

http://www.fusion-festival.com

four days/five nights on an ex-soviet airfield in old east germany. friendliest, most far-reaching and in some parts genuinely bonkers (as in trapeze artists flying across former missile bunkers) festival i've had the pleasure of.

myself and ramadanman playing b2b at this, it sounds wicked! definately looking forward to it

outlook fest in croatia looks big as well

zhao

there are no accidents
so you all should definitely come out to fusion... i'm on 9-12 saturday night, right before Filastine.
and on Sunday NGOMA will close the whole thing down from 1AM to morning. :cool:

what's up with those shades on the "cool" emoticon?

church_lady.jpg