Return Of The One 'Man' Band

polystyle

A detailed view into process and current state of a few 'alt indie' musicmakers.
Don't think 'indie' has the same charge over here, just a genre name and given the three artists profiled in the article, a somewhat big tent.
Also does not mean necessarily 'with guitars' as the examples within illustrate.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/magazine/18bands-t.html?ref=magazine

While I first posted this link in another thread,
it didn't seem to fly there but hope some here will find it interesting ...

bunnnnnn

article looks really interesting - yep, clealy 'indie' has less pejorative associations there

btw, this film is great and i hope it gets some sort of distribution:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

bunnnnnn

the film stars the man from uranus, ninki v, duracell, thomas truax, dennis hopper's choppers (?), piney gir and probably a couple of others i've forgotten. me and the missus appear in the film for a few seconds interviewing ninki v (the woman with the theremin in the clip) in the resonance fm studio - rather unflatteringly it looks like i'm picking my nose at one point but i assure you i'm not.