Who buys that Vanessa Mae, Bond etc.. stuff?

Karl Kraft

Maybe I'm alone here but this stuff has always really freaked me out, who buys this stuff? Beautiful women, playing classical music but its got a house beat for the kids! Surely this is a no mans land even less desirable than its WW1 namesake? The only possible market I can imagine for this stuff is classical music loving grandparents christmas presents for grandchildren at that impressionable age or title music for those learning is fun schools programs that feature a montage culminating in that picture of Einstein sticking his tounge out. There was a DVD of a Bond concert playing on one of those giant tvs in a shop on Totenham ct road last Sat and I watched it for a full 15 mins hoping to get a glimpse of the audience but go nothing more that some silhouetted heads that I'm sure could have been cardboard cutouts. Can anyone convince me this isn't some bizarre alt universe, imaginary scene stunt.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
You're right, it is at once a conspiracy and part of a government job creation scheme for women whose only talent is playing the violin to a 4/4 beat. They get paid £120 a week to pretend to be pop stars.

martin

----
Karl Kraft said:
Beautiful women, playing classical music but its got a house beat for the kids! Surely this is a no mans land even less desirable than its WW1 namesake? The only possible market I can imagine for this stuff is classical music loving grandparents christmas presents for grandchildren at that impressionable age or title music for those learning is fun schools programs that feature a montage culminating in that picture of Einstein sticking his tounge out.

Give it ten years and people will be reclaiming it as the height of post-ironic genius, paying £300 for originals on eBay and dedicating their blogs to discussing the cultural impact of Nigel Kennedy running off with Brix Smith