RIP Robert Knox

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Young man dies in utterly pointless street violence - no less sad for being so routine, of course.

One thing I'm not quite sure of is what makes him a 'star', though - as I understand it he played a bit part in a film that hasn't been released yet...

mms

sometimes
just outside my girlfriends mums house.
whenever someone dies needlessly in a fight it's always necessary for the press to make put they had some almost supernatural qualities of promise or goodness.
41 teenagers have died from knife violence since jan 2007 it's pretty grim to be a teenage boy in england

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
whenever someone dies needlessly in a fight it's always necessary for the press to make put they had some almost supernatural qualities of promise or goodness.

Yeah, that pisses me off no end, it's something I've ranted on here about before. Especially those adverts trying to promote not-running-out-into-the-road-like-a-twat among teenagers, that are premised around "So-and-so could have been a ballerina/football star if only s/he hadn't been senselessly killed in a car accident"; the implication being that it's not the waste of life that's tragic as such, but the waste of TALENT, which is to say, EARNING POTENTIAL. And that if the kid had been destined to have an ordinary job in a shop or an office or something - like, you know, most people do - that it somehow wouldn't matter. Gah.

Anyway, something else I've noticed recently is a trend away from this when quoting relatives, usually mothers, of kids killed in gang violence, so that you sometimes hear "I know he was no angel and he was often in trouble, but he was still my little boy and he didn't deserve this..." - an acknowledgement that the victims of this kind of violence have often put themselves in danger by getting involved in a gang, but have bitten off more than they could chew...though having said that, people who are totally uninvolved in gangs can have the misfortune to get involved in a knife fight too, which is what seems to have happened in this case.

Last edited:

polystyle

My surprise came from the seeming fact that knives are some prefered mode of violence,
like if in London and around when you see a certain crew on the street you know they re the stickers and slashers ...
Actual blades on , in and through flesh ' a nasty thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

mms

sometimes
My surprise came from the seeming fact that knives are some prefered mode of violence,
like if in London and around when you see a certain crew on the street you know they re the stickers and slashers ...
Actual blades on , in and through flesh ' a nasty thing.

Guns are quite difficult to get hold of, are often unlocked replicas which are dangerous and shit and involve moving in heavier circles.
Beating someone to death is hard work and may require several people, plus you're easy to pick out on cctv if you're kicking someone to death etc, it's a very visible act.
A knife is easy to get hold of, can be disguised easily, it's quick, can be discarded afterwards, whoever did the act can be hidden by a group when they do it etc...
Coercion plays a big factor, that group death drive i think.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Like an ear or something.

Oh I dunno, boxing's meant to be a pretty good way for da yoof to constructively channel aggressive energies, isn't it?

040806tyson.jpg