Energy Prices

IdleRich

IdleRich
Maybe this should be in miscellaneous, I'm not sure, but I'm interested in how energy bills are changing at the moment. To what extent have people noticed their bills rising? Is this an inevitable consequence of rises in oil prices or is it profiteering? What effect is it going to have on the average person's life and for how long are these prices going to be with us? Being as how there are not exactly loads of schemes for energy efficient houses on a large scale (in the UK at least) I can't really see that the average person can avoid paying more in the future except by reducing their consumpition - maybe that's a good thing.
I'm also interested to know if there is a (uk) website where I can see what the expected bills should be for a given household in a quarter (say) as I want to know whether we are high or low or whatever (obviously I suspect we're high and I want to know why as I don't think that we have much stuff that is humming away all the time).

crackerjack

Maybe this should be in miscellaneous, I'm not sure, but I'm interested in how energy bills are changing at the moment. To what extent have people noticed their bills rising? Is this an inevitable consequence of rises in oil prices or is it profiteering? What effect is it going to have on the average person's life and for how long are these prices going to be with us? Being as how there are not exactly loads of schemes for energy efficient houses on a large scale (in the UK at least) I can't really see that the average person can avoid paying more in the future except by reducing their consumpition - maybe that's a good thing.
I'm also interested to know if there is a (uk) website where I can see what the expected bills should be for a given household in a quarter (say) as I want to know whether we are high or low or whatever (obviously I suspect we're high and I want to know why as I don't think that we have much stuff that is humming away all the time).

Hve you tried these yet? http://www.simplyswitch.com/

I keep meaning to, but my energy arrangements are so hideously complicated (two separate leccy meters, one on lo-cost off-peak, the other regular) that i keep bottling it.