'Toolroom Knights' mixed by MARK KNIGHT out now!

Sianie_Blake

Wild Horses
30if3uo.jpg

Toolroom Records head honcho Mark Knight puts the needle to the record for the latest offering from the label's compilation series. The 4th album in, and already Toolroom Knights has firmly cemented itself into dance buyers lives, offering a taste of what the label and their parties are all about... quality, forward-thinking House!

Toolroom Records release their forth compilation ‘Toolroom Knights’ on 26th May, mixed by yourself, Mark Knight. Can you briefly explain a little how the label has moved on over the last year?
The label and its output has literally doubled over the last year. Obviously we now put out our own compilations alongside our tour brand ‘Toolroom Knights’, while Toolroom Records & Toolroom Trax continue to get huge support the world over. We also have our new digital label ‘Leaders Of the New School’ which has been doing really well for us too.

The compilation reflects the sound of Toolroom’s parties ‘Toolroom Knights’ as well as yourself as a DJ. Tell us how you came up with the tracklisting for your mix?
The tracks were literally chosen from tried and tested tracks straight from my DJ sets, my remixes and productions alongside new and forthcoming bits from the label. Also some more deeper tracks that I love like Dennis Ferrer’s ‘How Do I let Go’ & Deschampes ‘A Million Oaks’. Both CDs are all about creating a musical journey and a natural progression musically throughout both discs.

What are the key tracks on your mix?
My remixes of both Underworld & Lil Mo Yin Yang are key moments on the CD alongside some great unreleased tracks from Nic Fanciulli & Adam K & Addy.

Away from your DJing what productions have you been working on recently?
I’ve been working on a brand new 3 track EP for Toolroom Trax which includes a track with vocals by Dave Diamond. I have also recently finished a new track with Adam K & Soha called ‘From The Speaker’ that’s out at the end of June on Toolroom Records. I’m also working on my ‘Average House Band’ project with Funkagenda.

2zi7oci.jpg

You’ve been around the world DJing, what’s your favourite venue to play in?
Definitely Ministry Of Sound UK, the sound system in the Box is amazing.

Talking of nights out, what’s your favourite tipple?
Ha… Got to be Ministry Vodka & Cranberry!

The compilation touches down May 26th, where can people catch you over the coming months?
Im in St. Petersburg Russia, then Moscow and then Bulgaria. Im back in the UK for Dave Spoon’s Album launch party at Ministry Of Sound, London on the 14th June and also on the Toolroom Boat party on the Thames earlier that evening!

Check Out An Exclusive Behind The Scenes Video...'The Making Of' Featuring footage from Mark in the Studio & Toolroom HQ showing an insight to the making of Mark's Toolroom Knights compilation CD!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toolroom Knights Mixed By Mark Knight
2XCDs of the world’s finest House Music, including tracks by Mark Knight & Funkagenda, Workidz, D Ramirez, Dennis Ferrer, Mark Mendes & Terry Lee Brown Jnr. The mix also includes exclusive tracks from Nic Fanciulli, ATFC, Steve Mac, Paul Harris, & Adam K alongside Mark Knight’s massive remixes of Underworld’s ‘Beautiful Burnout’ & Lil’ Mo Yin Yang’s ‘Reach’.

OUT NOW!!
AVAILABLE ON CD OR MP3 / PREVIEW & DOWNLOAD AT:

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html.../114878/toolroom_knights_mixed_by_mark_knight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toolroom Knights At Ministry Of Sound, Saturday 14th June 2008
with DJs:
Mark Knight / Dave Spoon / D.Ramirez
Adam K / ATFC / Bart B More / Pete Griffiths / George Andrews
Robin Chappell / Connected DJs
11PM - 7AM

Saturday Sessions Presents Toolroom On The Thames Boat Party!!!
Saturday 14th June 2008

With DJs:
Mark Knight / Dave Spoon / ATFC / Connected Allstars
6.30PM - 11PM
Tickets £22 Includes Entrance to Toolroom Knights at MOS Later!!