Bo Diddley RIP

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
That's so sad. I touched the hem of his cloak once, it was as close as I've ever got to feeling sanctified.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Was pretty amazed first time I heard some old Bo Diddley records. Mad chicken scratch, so rude and raw sounding compared to contemporary rock.

That Wayne & Wax Blogariddims podcast where Wayne mixes the tune 'Bo Diddley' in with Dem Bow riddim is pretty great too for outlining how far that "Bo Diddley beat" traverses across contemporary moozik. I notice they touch on the clave connections in that NYT article above.

CHAOTROPIC

on account
EVERYONE will have seen this, but just in a case they haven't, & also because you can NEVER EVER see it too many times ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SO FUCKING ROCK & ROLL it can even make WHITE PEOPLE dance.

Chord changes are for pussies.

crackerjack

EVERYONE will have seen this, but just in a case they haven't, & also because you can NEVER EVER see it too many times ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SO FUCKING ROCK & ROLL it can even make WHITE PEOPLE dance.

Chord changes are for pussies.

I hadn't, so thanks! What a way to start the day.

DannyL

Wild Horses
That clip fucking shreds. Bless 'im.

I bought "Black Gladiator" a few weeks ago. Time to go home and blast it loud.