Wu Tang chess moves

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
I thought about it, but it seems more like a site to encourage people to play chess, rather than one for experienced players.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
i feel obligated to post this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gotta get up and feee-ed somebody!

Last edited:

woops

is not like other people
rza new lp

srsly is no-one else into it?

first 9 songs are as good as 1st wu-tang imho

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
I thought about it, but it seems more like a site to encourage people to play chess, rather than one for experienced players.

i love RZa, but yr average kid in the street aint paying 48 bucks a year to play chess online... make it free and make money from ads and maybe it will roll...

zhao

there are no accidents
dudes need to step up and play CHINESE CHESS. a superior game in many ways.

woops

is not like other people
CHINESE CHESS. a superior game in many ways

i hear you play on a kilometre-square board with no king, queen or bishops, just 100,000 pawns that are all the same colour and all on the same side. as with regular chess, the basic rules are deceptively simple (outlined in a widely available pamphlet, 'the playings of grandmaster mao') but i'm told the game takes a lifetime to master. two pawns occupying the same square can add a new pawn to the board, but only once per game.

/etc

zhao

there are no accidents
i hear you play on a kilometre-square board with no king, queen or bishops, just 100,000 pawns that are all the same colour and all on the same side. as with regular chess, the basic rules are deceptively simple (outlined in a widely available pamphlet, 'the playings of grandmaster mao') but i'm told the game takes a lifetime to master. two pawns occupying the same square can add a new pawn to the board, but only once per game.

/etc

you are misinformed and or ignorant.

xiang qi is much like european chess, because they both come from the original indian game, but with greater strategic possibilities, and more interesting maneuvers. i grew up playing Xian Qi, and when i learned European Chess, although still a great game, i found it to be lacking in many respects.

543px-Xiangqiboard.png

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I played Go for a while. It's amazing, can introduce your brain to new ways of approaching problems. AI researchers are still trying to work out how to get a computer to play it as well as even moderately good Chinese players. And yet there are only around three basic rules. Chess seems a bit vulgar by comparison.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I played Go for a while. It's amazing, can introduce your brain to new ways of approaching problems. AI researchers are still trying to work out how to get a computer to play it as well as even moderately good Chinese players. And yet there are only around three basic rules. Chess seems a bit vulgar by comparison."
For about three seconds I thought that Woops was actually talking about Go - before I realised he was taking the piss. Anyway I keep hearing all this about Go and I really want to give it a, er, go but I don't have anyone to teach me or play with. Actually, I did know someone but we never got round to it and I've lost touch with him now - damn.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
My teacher was one of the top players in the UK. Which was good because I got good guidance, and bad because I didn't stand a chance of winning without a huge artificial advantage :(

It's a very difficult game. Good way to get practice if you don't know anyone else who plays is go on Yahoo games and join the small board games (9x9 instead of 19x19). Even then it's not easy. I found I was getting beaten by little Chinese girls. Now now!

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
i've never played go. or maybe i have because i'm not exactly sure which game is called "go" in english... sounds good though. think Ima try it too :)