Lil Wayne - The Carter III

stelfox

Beast of Burden
it's great. obviously misses a lot of the scrappy immediacy of wayne's mixtape tracks, but nonethless the best hip-hop album of the year thus far, with bun b trailing close behind.

that said, i'd still rather listen to al green.

"double cup me, but please don't judge me..."

zhao

there are no accidents
yeah on some tracks he really does make the tagline seem maybe not so ridiculous... and surprisingly clever lyrics in some places. but i miss the rough and rowdy shit too.

same with Bun, this new album has bangers on it fa sho, but over all it seems to be heading in the direction of sentimentality... you know that Gangsta 4 life sentimental shit.

me I'm digging deep in the old Memphis and Texas crates... dirty south 91 - 93...

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
me I'm digging deep in the old Memphis and Texas crates... dirty south 91 - 93...

OT but i really really want to hear triple six mafia's underground vol 1 from this era, there's the most amazing instrumental track on it. Can't find anywhere though. Haven't heard the carter yet but love lollipop. a lot.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
Oh if you would I would be forever grateful! Wish I could offer you rare grime tapes in return, but we don't get pirate radio in scotland.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
thanks slackk!

so i'm listening to carter, ok so far, couple of duds but damn dr carter is so good! It's so wrong yet I love it.

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
my god- that first mafia underground comp was the absolute shit- insane technogothic collage- and you say more of this coming out- that is some seriously exciting news!!!

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
didn't listen all the way through yet but the carter seemed kind of wishy washy to me - too many weak beats. i'll have to give it another listen though.

Immryr

whut you talking about zhao, lil waynes lyrics have been good for ages.

i haven't heard this album yet, but i'm sure i'l be somewhat disappointed; i always am.

zhao

there are no accidents
whut you talking about zhao, lil waynes lyrics have been good for ages.

i suppose you are right about that. still took me by surprise a few times on this new one though - using self referential meta narrative devices n shit.

my god- that first mafia underground comp was the absolute shit- insane technogothic collage- and you say more of this coming out- that is some seriously exciting news!!!

underground vol. 2, 3, 4, and 5 have been out for some time no? and also there are other similar long running series...

doom

Public Housing
'Lollipop' is good - Kingdom remix is better :D (vin sol version is also sick depending on the vibe yr on)

'A Milli' is ILL! - Say Wut Club remix is FIRE!!!

... I can't be arsed with 'albums' - espesh in rap.

i haven't heard this album yet, but i'm sure i'l be somewhat disappointed; i always am.

Exactly!

Gimmie a mixtape w/ chops/blends/drops/freestyles ANYDAY! Plus a new one will drop by the time yr bored withit... albums are sooooo 20thC :rolleyes:

All the Underground Memphis stuff got the re-iss 'round 2002 yh? CDUniverse had em all awhile back, I just looked, seems they don't anymore. Def worth tracking down, I freed all my CDs from storage last week so I'll tryn hook some up here.

zhao

there are no accidents
seeing different versions of the cover art, this is the official? if not it should be

lil-wayne-carter-3-cover_real.jpg