Hideous Pop Videos

craner

Beast of Burden
I love hideous pop videos, they're superb time capsules, for example. It's a strange thing, they're extremely enjoyable to watch, and very painful. You have to choose the best ones carefully. Sometimes bad pop videos aren't actually bad, they have or aquire an offbeat beauty, like Belinda Carlisle videos. Hideous pop videos aren't just shit, however, they're usually forgotten, but once remembered pull you up sharp: you were probably awful at this point in time too, but someone, somewhere, was even more awful, and publicaly awful. In this way they are reassuring. Er, ok, odd topic, I know, but this video got me thinking about it:

nomos

Administrator
dollar in my pocket is my benchmark of hideosity: i have a high school yearbook full of guys who wished they were that slick

*shiver*

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden

To me, this is hideous - its seems to revel in the gormless nature of its subjects, unless the director was malaciously attempting to heighten and emphasise this, which I doubt. They all used to be mates, these fuckers.

Those limpid, lacklustre 'psychadelic' swirls - gosh, boys, you certainly thought hard about this!

A simultaneously tepid and gauche celebration of vacancy, it's absolutely unredeemable.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

To me, this is hideous - its seems to revel in the gormless nature of its subjects, unless the director was malaciously attempting to heighten and emphasise this, which I doubt. They all used to be mates, these fuckers.

Those limpid, lacklustre 'psychadelic' swirls - gosh, boys, you certainly thought hard about this!

A simultaneously tepid and gauche celebration of vacancy, it's absolutely unredeemable.

And as if that's not bad enough, the song is pretty gash too.

He looks so frightfully earnest, almost as if he's daring you to take the piss just so he can feel piously hurt...