Windrush

Client Eastwood

(Not sure where this belongs so feel free to move it mods)

is being repeated on BBC4 @ 20.00

well worth watching on matters of music, race and politics

last night is was the 60's - teddy boys and race riots, ska, mosely/powell, malcolm and michael x

tonight it's the 70's. - so probably punk, reggae, mods, NF, race riots, SUS

well worth a watch . . .

mos dan

fact music
just googled it to see if it was on iplayer (missed yesterday and there's football tonight) and disturbingly the first link on google was to a white nationalist website. ugh. also, it doesn't seem to be on iplayer. rubbish.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
Try torrenting it from UK Nova. If you can't do this for any reason, I'll get it for you sometime over the next week and bun up di disc for you.

mos dan

fact music
Try torrenting it from UK Nova. If you can't do this for any reason, I'll get it for you sometime over the next week and bun up di disc for you.

awesome, thank you. apparently tonight's episode focuses on the new cross fire in 1981, according to the bbc site.

Client Eastwood

yeah, watch for that alone and then listen to New Crass Massahkah by LKJ. A bad bad time for UK history.

if youre not familiar with any of this, id suggest to make some time, tape it or d/l it.

mos dan

fact music
yeah, watch for that alone and then listen to New Crass Massahkah by LKJ. A bad bad time for UK history.

if youre not familiar with any of this, id suggest to make some time, tape it or d/l it.

i know a bit about this period - my parents lived in south london during the brixton riots (they recalled shops being looted as far out as balham and clapham - both VERY different places in the early 80s from the bankers' havens they are now) - and i've seen docus before on new cross and the broadwater farm riots (this latter one was superb - came out a few years ago).

Client Eastwood

yeah its been on before.

i was growing up in chapeltown leeds at the time. we also had uprisings here. a lot of shops were burnt out mostly the asian and white busineses. i prob sound well old but social and political times were bad. and i honestly think it was the music that brought a lot of people together, esp when punk/reggae sort of came together a bit. and then later mixed race groups like the specails/beat/ub40 etc