Narcossist - he's just gone next level

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
If you haven't heard Narcossist's latest stuff, you really should check it out. He's shifted up a gear and all that vast potential that's been obvious for the last two years is beginning to be realised.

If you want to know how dubstep can move forward by fusing its 2step heritage with techno flavours while delivering pure rollage, then listen to Narcossist. He is now right up there with 2562, TRG, Martyn and Ramadanman - and he hasn't even had a record out yet.

http://www.myspace.com/narcossist

Targets, Sunblind and above all Metronome are the ones that are really doing it. Unbelievably good.

Numbers

I don't know how I didn't notice his stuff before, it's really good. I'll even add that people complaining about the emptiness of this strand of dubstep better review their criticism: a track like sunblind has plenty of body.

elgato

I just dont know
one of the scenes most underrated producers, i find it bizarre that he isn't bigger given the techno crossover explosion in dubstep

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
Good to see him starting to get a bit more recognition, even if it is focused on forums.

He really has stepped up a gear in the last few months and I think will finally start to see a release or two.

Not sure he's quite up there with 2562 or Martyn but definitely in the same bracket as Ramadnaman and TRG (I'm probably being pedantic with those distinctions)

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Yep. Narcossist is definitely going next level. It perplexes me that he doesn't have any releases yet.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Felt a strange twinge of pride when I saw that Narcossist was from Grasmere of all places, being a fellow Cumbrian myself. Funny to think of this sort of stuff emerging from the sleepy old Lake district. :)

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
this 'Brothel creeper' thing seems the biz, the 'Metronome' thing is good too but maybe a bit subconsciously between genres. Has he anything coming out on vinyl?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
this 'Brothel creeper' thing seems the biz, the 'Metronome' thing is good too but maybe a bit subconsciously between genres. Has he anything coming out on vinyl?
I think he will have news soon - nothing confirmed yet but fingers crossed. There's a reason he got a shout out on the Belief is the Enemy sleeve notes - his tunes are mint!

Metronome will get UNDER YOUR SKIN trust me. Yes, works as well in a wonky techno set as in a dubstep set but... my god... this is going into a mix I'm doing at the mo for electronic explorations and it is ADDICTIVE. Fucking twisted. On the beat, on the off beat, where's that kick gone, oh god I need to wheel that back and start again... fabulous.

If yunx isn't all over this then the world is a sadder place than I thought it was.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I think he will have news soon - nothing confirmed yet but fingers crossed.

Metronome will get UNDER YOUR SKIN trust me. Yes, works as well in a wonky techno set as in a dubstep set but... my god... this is going into a mix I'm doing at the mo for electronic explorations and it is ADDICTIVE. Fucking twisted. On the beat, on the off beat, where's that kick gone, oh god I need to wheel that back and start again... fabulous.

If yunx isn't all over this then the world is a sadder place than I thought it was.

ether

an intriguing producer, who's tracks always stand out due to there lack of band wagon jumping, i've been really rating his beats since his renegade snares remix, dry toke etc. good to see his sounds kept developing, the production values keep getting better and better. With solid mixdowns like this his tracks should be getting pressed for sure. Plus big up for using one of my rare production outings on a mixtape joe.