dj headphones

nochexxx

harco pronting
I need somd good dj cans. Can anyone recomend a quailty pair of dj headphones, perfeably within a small budget of £20 -£60?

thanks in advance

Client Eastwood

Is about £80 in you budget ? these get good reviews Sennheiser HD 25SP and if there anything like the 25 (non SP) you wont go far wrong. Ive had mine for a good 10 years and there still going strong. Its a modular design so all parts are replaceable should something break.

nochexxx

harco pronting
£80 is a bit dear for my humble wallet, however if i can find them on ebay then i may be able to get them under £60.

also i'm thinking i should probably kill two birds with one stalone and see if i can find headphones that are also suitable for studio monitoring as i do more production than dj work. having said that i don't think i would be using headphones as much in the studio considering i rok my krk work horses.

Client Eastwood

loads of people use them as monitors headphones too, you can probly get them cheaper (that was the amazon price) if you can then buy buy buy . . .

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
Right, so my Beyerdynamics have snapped at the swivel... just like every other DJ headphone I've ever owned.

Does anybody make headphones out of metal? I'm sick of breaking plastic cans.

hint

party record with a siren
Right, so my Beyerdynamics have snapped at the swivel... just like every other DJ headphone I've ever owned.

My Sennheiser HD25s are still going strong ;)

Worth the money if you take into account the failure rate of the alternatives.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
My Sennheiser HD25s are still going strong ;)

Worth the money if you take into account the failure rate of the alternatives.
*sigh* Yes, I am rapidly ascending the price peak. Ultrasone and Allen & Heath are between me and HD-25s, but I have to ask myself if the experiment with unproven brands are worth it.

I will say this about the Beyerdynamics; the service has been exceptional. When I called the canadian distributor I was told that all Beyerdynamic products carry a 5 year warranty on breakage. Who gives a 5 year warranty anymore? Germans, apparently.

D

droid

Has to be the HD25SP's. They have served me well for over 12 years now and I would never switch.