Lost Radiophonic Workshop tapes

dHarry

spoken intro from Delia ("Ah, forget about this, for interest only, OK? coming up"), bustling primitive techno beat comes in with bubbly filtering on it, long mysterious synth tones over the top, early afx innit :cool:

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I think the early AFX call is a good one.. it's got that gloopy analogue feel... which is quite odd given she didn't use synths. I wonder where that spacey tone came from.

Was a bit disappointed by that record she was involved in. I have a weird feeling it was called White House?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
White Noise - An Electric Storm? Gosh, it might not be your cup of tea but it's blatantly quite a piece of work!

That little track is very Aphex isn't it. If it's from '68 or later she might have been playing around with synths, they had some EMS stuff then. But yes I think that's what partly prompted her to leave the Radiophonic Workshop - it was too easy!

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Yeah, White Noise, that's the crew. Yeah, "not my cup of tea" probably sums up my response, it's undoubtedly a really inventive sounding, well crafted album.