Mashups!

seahorsegenius

It's just me.
bassnation said:
i'm doing a mix which is going to comprise of a good chunk of mashups - not novelty bootleg ones but stuff like trick daddy vs bong ra, antipop consortium vs air liquide. do you want a copy when its done?
would love it. just catch me on msn or something when you're done.

redcrescent

bassnation said:
i'm doing a mix which is going to comprise of a good chunk of mashups - not novelty bootleg ones but stuff like trick daddy vs bong ra, antipop consortium vs air liquide. do you want a copy when its done?
Sounds great. Any chance of putting that online?

Oh, and upcoming Bong-Ra / Enduser / Shitmat European jaunt - dates still available for the UK if anyone needs sound for their garden party.

jed_

my favourite of the moment is chris isaak's "wicked game" over plastikman's "motorbass get phunked up" remix - just holla if yr interested and i'll yousendit tomorrow.

bassnation

the abyss
redcrescent said:
Sounds great. Any chance of putting that online?

Oh, and upcoming Bong-Ra / Enduser / Shitmat European jaunt - dates still available for the UK if anyone needs sound for their garden party.

will do, as soon as it done!

so far, tracks are:

bong ra - dub murderer
massive attack vs mos def - i against i
antipop consortium vs modeselektor - tron man speaks
trick daddy vs bong ra - in the wind
wasteland - saturation
antipop consortium vs air liquide - hals bubblz
demon ft, Big ed - i won't change
digital mystiks vs zeta reticula - horror show

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
my favourite of the moment is chris isaak's "wicked game" over plastikman's "motorbass get phunked up" remix - just holla if yr interested and i'll yousendit tomorrow.
I want to hear this!

Just dug out a couple I did for my own DJing use back when / before these things were all the rage. A bit ropey, didn't have Abeton so stuck them together in a wave editor. Still alright though. They're pretty low quality 128s but if anyone objects I'll tek 'em down obviously.

Bilinda Butchered - Anticipeter (MBV vs. Boards Of Canada vs. Autechre)

I always wanted MBV to have better beats. Doing this I realised that nearly every song on Loveless does a major to minor key change thing from verse to chorus, or something like that.

Sore Pecker - Come Back And StAe (Paul Young vs Autechre)

Just because the melodies were so similar and it made me grin. I always thought Autechre should employ more fretless bass... ;)

Last edited: