Shock! Horror! Johhny Rotten in indie punch up!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
About bloody time plop musique got a bit got a bit 'dangerous' and agro!

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/07/22/1216492449199.html

I'm surprised they didn't throw in 'homophobic' as well!

Rotten's quote is the best though:

"Grow up and learn to be a true man. When you have achieved as much as I have, come back and talk to me," Lydon said.

And while I'm at it, 'Dissensus' own' Mr. Reynolds puts the iron boot in indie 'rock' as well:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...the-world-need-another-indie-band-870520.html

,,the 'revolution' is being televised (and cross promoted and sold and diced and sliced)!!

mos dan

fact music
indie music is shit? hold the front fucking page.

the johnny rotten thing got posted already in the 'racists and rock festivals' thread, i assume you're being sarky about him being 'dangerous' - he just sounds like a fucking sad waste of space.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
- he just sounds like a fucking sad waste of space.

And the 'indie' bands in question are not taking up space in ever sadder, less emotionally enlightening ways?

I'm anxiously waiting the next few critical tomes on the 'pervasive influence of Bloc Party on world rock' in the next few years...

Get fucked.

tom pr

if i ever get asked of those 'invite six people to dinner, alive or dead' questions then buick6 will defo be on the shortlist.

CHAOTROPIC

on account
About bloody time plop musique got a bit got a bit 'dangerous' and agro!

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/07/22/1216492449199.html

I'm surprised they didn't throw in 'homophobic' as well!

"Grow up and learn to be a true man.

I dunno ... three of Lydon's entourage beat up a stuttering black gay fan in an unprovoked apparently racially-motivated assault & his response was to ask the victim to 'learn to be a true man'? I don't think they need to throw in 'homophobic' - it's the sting in the tail of the whole sorry affair. I've no opinion on Bloc Party but that's fucking shit behaviour for anyone, on anyone. & it's not as if he even framed it as a beef about the fella's music. It's a really really nasty calculated escalation of a cowardly racist attack, in my opinion. No blacks, no dogs, no Irish, my fucking arse. Tosser.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Grow up and learn to be a true man. When you have achieved as much as I have, come back and talk to me," Lydon said.
Yep when you've worked in real-estate and appeared on Big Brother you've earned the right to an opinion.

"if i ever get asked of those 'invite six people to dinner, alive or dead' questions then buick6 will defo be on the shortlist."
But will you pick him alive or dead?

gumdrops

i do like the 'your problem is your black attitude' quote though. i might start using it regularly, changing it as and when appropriate. ie 'your problem is your guilty liberal attitude' or 'your problem is your rockist attitude' etc.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Interesting to read how the press eats itself... Bloc Party quotes in the articles linked in the racism thread are credited as being from Bloc Party media releases, then by the time you get to The Age they're sourced to The Independent, as if they lined up an interview or something, with no indication that it's part of a prepared statement.

Sorry, probably completely self-evident, but I find it more interesting than the story's content.