films you have seen not so recently and would request help in identifying

woops

is not like other people
we watched wim wenders wings of desire last night. good stuff.

but i thought it was going to be something else.

there's a film set mostly in heaven. at the end our two protagonists are allowed to return to earth. one of the returnees has been a famous actor and in the very last scene the other lead has some kids go over and get his autograph as if he were still a bigstar.

for a while i've wondered what it was, ringing any bells anywhere?

thanks in advance

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I thought that but in a matter of life and death our hero was a writer or poet before he went to war if I remember right

great film though :)

woops

is not like other people
yep, i'm afraid the one im looking for is a bit more recent than that, maybe 80's stuff.

looks ok though

crackerjack

yep, i'm afraid the one im looking for is a bit more recent than that, maybe 80's stuff.

looks ok though

Heaven Can wait is basically a remake of MOLAD, but the Warren Beatty character is a football player, I think.

Woops, is it English language? UK or Americano?

woops

is not like other people
the one i'm looking for was in english

its such a long time since i saw it

but i seem to remember it had the pace of a wim wenders film, which is why i always thought it was wings of desire.

really reaching tbh

crackerjack

but i seem to remember it had the pace of a wim wenders film.

Probably not HCW in that case, though by the mother of all coincidences that was on Film 4 as I typed earlier - so most likely that means it will be on again in the next few weeks.

I saw a film years ago whih 've never been able to identify. It was about a man going on a quest to find 'the truth', but was a weird mish-mash of classical and eastern beliefs. Scenes I can remember:

- he meets and has a conversation with a greek philosopher who lives in a pot of olive oil
- he's warned against letting the monkeys get behind him, and this comes in useful when confronted by a gang of them in a mountain pass
- his eventual destination is a monastery by the sea, where the head monk shows him a mirror, which of course is 'the truth'

I was very young at the time, but remembering it being 'good' in a Battle Beyond the Stars way. Any ideas? Must have been released early 80s.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So when the guy is shown the mirror, does he have a zen-like epiphany of earth-shattering profundity, or does he say "Come on, mate, you're having a giraffe!"?

Pestario

tell your friends
It's a long shot but...

I saw this movie when I was 10 or so. All I remember is that it had John Goodman being kidnapped by aliens (or something similar) and there was a scene where the aliens had him captured and strapped down and were using a machine to watch his dreams. It's some stupid movie from the late 80s or early 90s.

I can't remember if it was even good or not (probabaly not) but it's been bugging me for years.

anyone know it? :D