Exclusive dancehall set from the bug and warrior queen

gdw

This Friday the Bug will be playing a one off set of Jamaican (ie. de-noised) dancehall with his mcs Warrior Queen (of 'Almighty Father' fame) and Ras B for Heatvwave vs. Mas Fuego at East London's Rhythm Factory. Also hotting things up there's Jstar, the man behind the 'No Diggity' reggae bootleg and Cuban hip hop crew Stylo Prohibido in the reggaeton / Latin hip hop room.

Full details www.scandalbag.com
Heatwave vs. Mas Fuego
The Rhythm Factory
16 - 18Whitechapel Rd.
Aldgate East / Whitechapel Tube
10 - 4, £5 b4 11 / NUS, £7 after

Heatwave Room - reggae / dancehall / soca / r'n'b
The Bug w/ Warrior Queen, Ras B
Jstar w/ Gstar, Honey Brown
Heatwave Djs

Mas Fuego! Room - reggaeton / hip hop latino / french caribbean dancehall
Stylo Prohibido live PA
Mas Fuego djs -
Lubi Jovanovic (SNC)
DJ MDK

contact heatwave@scandalbag.com for more info

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i played records at the last one of these and am probably going to go down. it's a pretty good night. the heatwave boys are nice fellas and fun selecters, kevin is an absolutely stand-up super bloke and really knows his shit, so i'm looking fwd to a proper bashment set from him - still can't get over the crunchy industrialness of some of the bug stuff but this will be wicked, i'm positive. as a side note, the reggaeton and latin music guys who do the back room were superb last month (and their space seemed to be jammed with nice-looking ladies dancing their arses off). anyone else fancy trundling along - john, paul etc?

ripley

Argh. Wish I was out there, sounds wicked!

last summer Dj C, Kid Kameleon and myself played with the Scandalbag/Musical Bear folks and The Bug+ Warrior Queen in some 'loft' thing in whitechapel.. one of the best parties of the summer. Despite technical difficulties (some stemming from the extreme heat + condensation dripping into the equipment), KM was a gentleman, the MCs were brilliant (can't remember the male MC's name) and the whole thing was a blast.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
ripley said:
Argh. Wish I was out there, sounds wicked!

last summer Dj C, Kid Kameleon and myself played with the Scandalbag/Musical Bear folks and The Bug+ Warrior Queen in some 'loft' thing in whitechapel.. one of the best parties of the summer. Despite technical difficulties (some stemming from the extreme heat + condensation dripping into the equipment), KM was a gentleman, the MCs were brilliant (can't remember the male MC's name) and the whole thing was a blast.

i was there! you were good.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I'd love to go but I'll be up north. These guys got in touch via the blog cos they were interested in the Tippa & Colonel Again bootleg I did. I think they're doing really cool stuff, maximum respect to them.

Clubberlang

Does anyone know when the Rephlex comp of the Bug/Rootman Razor X stuff (Killing Sound) is supposed to come out? They've move it back two or three times (I think it was originally supposed to come out last August) and now it seems to be in complete limbo. What's the story?

gdw

ripley said:
I hear this time KM is going de-bug-ify the sounds a bit and play more straight dancehall? any word on that? curious.

yeah he won't really be playing any 'bug' stuff, more new bashment, ragga, reggae, bit of hip hop and so on. it's a dancehall / caribbean music night not electronica / hardcore (a lot of the people who came last time would probably run screaming from a 'bug' set). his set should be a really good showcase for the deejay skills of warrior queen and ras b as well as for his own taste in dancehall.

mms

sometimes
gdw said:
yeah he won't really be playing any 'bug' stuff, more new bashment, ragga, reggae, bit of hip hop and so on. it's a dancehall / caribbean music night not electronica / hardcore (a lot of the people who came last time would probably run screaming from a 'bug' set). his set should be a really good showcase for the deejay skills of warrior queen and ras b as well as for his own taste in dancehall.

he did this at me an sheikh's new years' party and it was shweet!

mms

sometimes
wonk_vitesse said:
Unsound System

The bug plays on sat 26th feb in Brixton with the Unsound crew, easily the best rig in London their parties always go off big time,

yar i want to go to this, i had a wee kip after work and ended up just falling asleep till half 12 and fucking up my evening.
and most of my night.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i made the mistake of meeting friends at 5 o'clock and then going for dinner, so by the time it got to 9.30 i was tired, a bit squiffy and wanted to go home. ended up watching truffaut films and falling asleep by 11.30. i am officially now middle-aged.