take time (dizzee + wiley)

Cole

tray dipper
Anyone know anything about this track? Specifically where i can get a 12" of it? It sounds like Dizzee and Wiley and the chorus is about taking time and not growing up too fast.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I can't other than to say it's one of my favourite Wiley tracks - I really hoped it would make his first album, has huge cross-over potential n'all

chimpybits

Agreed - always one of my favourites. my krappy .mp3 of it is tagged with the album being called "Rollin Deeper" from 2002. Also on this "album" is One Big Cycle (later released as Round We Go on Boy iin Da Corner), You Were Always, Eskimo, Eskimo 2, Creepin (side A) and Creeper (Danny Weed), Roll Out (wiley Kat Remix), and Bounce. Bounce is a particularly great, fun track. Perhaps this was slated to come out with the Roll Deep DVD called Rolling Deeper which I don't think got a proper release??

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
That was a cd being sold in various market stalls before Wiley and Dizzee put out their albums bootlegged by someone who had various tunes on cd.

h-crimm

does anyone have a version of 'take time' which isnt all fuzzy and quiet? it sounds like we might all have the same shit mp3 badly recorded off vinyl or radio... or is that what was on the bootleg mix cd?

i really do love this song. its was definitely one of the ones that turned me onto wiley. it was probably a bit sensitive for the first LP... huh??
dizzy sounds so young on it too.

bounce is alot of fun too... "strangely tho one does find, people who are that stupid" scratchy was quite good on that one, shame about his creeper antics.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
That's the horrible unmixed down version from the cd.

I actually prefer Doorway over the top of the same riddim track from Creeper vol. 1 which I belive is doing the rounds on a p2p server near you.

chimpybits

Logan according to my tracks track 20 on Creeper Vol 1 has the Take Time tune reworked a bit with the Doorway lyrics (from Treadin on Thin Ice) over top. It certainly is a quality (fidelity-wise) version of that tune - tho I may slightly prefer the Take Time mc'ing.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
h-crimm said:
bounce is alot of fun too... "strangely tho one does find, people who are that stupid" scratchy was quite good on that one, shame about his creeper antics.

What are his Creeper antics? Just curious.

When is it out anyways?

h-crimm

ahhh dont listen to me :)

i was still gripe-ing over that rubbish s.n.i.p.e.r.g.a.y. diss track on creeper... its just a bit unimaginitive and stupid, hardly aggresively homophobic, but i just take these things a bit too much to heart. notice i didnt mention what trim says on the same song cos i find him far more entertaining...
which makes me a "chi chi slob shit" hypocrit :rolleyes:

i can msn it to you if you like, as long as you promise to buy it when it (never) gets to newyork

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
The Creeper antics refer to the mythical Creeper volume 1-5 mixtapes having a release which will most likely be heralded by the coming of the four horsemen.