High quality vinyl shelves

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Bang crash my entire vinyl collection inc dubs just imploded randomly last night, taking out the light switch, smashing my photos and amazingly not breaking any records.

Turns out Ikea vinyl shelves cant actually handle vinyl and are stuffed with cardboard honeycomb. not the one.

anyone know any strong high quality vinyl shelves?

D

droid

Get someone in to make em, or make em yourself. Cheapest and best solution I could find.

afewrecords.jpg

Thick 18ml (I think) MDF, anchored about 6 inches into the wall. Ive had thousands of records on them for years with no sign of trouble.

elgato

I just dont know
B&Q are excellent. we got some tall thin ones (about 2-2.5m x 0.75m maybe) which are ok, although we did reinforce them (with brackets + vertical struts in the middle)

but recently i got a square one - about 1.2m x 1.2m i think, its a very effective structure which binds together incredibly strongly as a whole but creates 9 compartments (about 35x35cm). had to go to Enfield (twice! due to incompetence) to get it but it was well worth it. if it fits, i recommend it very highly, absolutely no chance of it collapsing. they do all sorts of other sizes / dimensions / designs too

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Turns out Ikea vinyl shelves cant actually handle vinyl and are stuffed with cardboard honeycomb. not the one."
I'm surprised I have to say, I know loads of people who use the Expedit from Ikea and have it stuffed to the gills but I've never heard of one breaking. Is it the Expedit you had?

The ones at HTFR.com are really good. great build quality, a million miles away from the state of Argos flatpack. It's best to have an electric screwdriver if you're assembling loads at one time

audiofelch

do not under any circumstance buy anything from djdeckstands.com. I did and it was a complete disaster, I had to fight to get my money back.
Instead I got something from an ebay shop called Prodecksuk, made to measure. May have something to suit you.

petergunn

plywood violin
Get someone in to make em, or make em yourself. Cheapest and best solution I could find.

afewrecords.jpg

Thick 18ml (I think) MDF, anchored about 6 inches into the wall. Ive had thousands of records on them for years with no sign of trouble.

i have that Sound Bwoy Burial record... not that grab, but great for soundclash material...