Notting Hill Carnival '08

jonny mugwump

exotic pylon
Hey y'all- i'm going to be recording a documentary for Resonance FM at the carnival this year- i'ld be up for talking to any regulars, carnival virgins, anybody who has is part of a system there or anybody who simply has an opinion about anything to do with it.

If anybody is interested, email me and we can meet up at some point of the weekend

peace out

jonny mugwump

Just too much on to do it- I move flat on Friday, then FWD vs Rinse, then that Bassline thing in Kingsland St Saturday, then my girl's b'day on Sunday.

So maybe Monday if I'm feeling brave.

mos dan

fact music
crap, in my enthusiasm i'ld forgotten about the Rinse thing- looks like i'll be cutting the sunday short then.

rinse vs fwd is on friday!! thought you should know. fwd website is saying an afterparty at PP on sunday though.. anyone know whose playing that one?

shaping up to be a big weekend!

i'm going to carnival on sunday maybe.. any tips or rumours?

slackk what bassline thing do you mean? i'm going to 7 year glitch on kingsland rd. which will be more jacking house and bmore and stuff i think.

gabriel

The Heatwave
Are people going to Monday eve afterparties? In my experience no. Been to quite a few. Maybe I chose the wrong ones.

i wouldn't normally cos of work / being knackered at end of long weekend but yeah a lot of afterparties are on the monday (e.g. 1xtra) and if you're a student it's obviously different cos no work tuesday....

mos dan

fact music
that's the one i meant, still going anyway fuck it.

safe, sorry wasn't being pedantic, just checking - i'm gonna be there for sure as my lot are intimately involved in 7yg. mr charisma is bok bok's disco alter ego :)

holla at me nearer the time!

who else clocked the MEGA SUPER AFTER PARTY at mass? it's such a bonkers line-up.. everyone seems sure it will get locked.

who else clocked the MEGA SUPER AFTER PARTY at mass? it's such a bonkers line-up.. everyone seems sure it will get locked.

Will do mate.

Don't think it'll get locked, personally. All the goons are hyped out by carnival, afterparties are generally bless.

viktorvaughn

safe, sorry wasn't being pedantic, just checking - i'm gonna be there for sure as my lot are intimately involved in 7yg. mr charisma is bok bok's disco alter ego :)

Ridic isn't it! One room dancehall, one funky, one bassline and one ukg/grime if i remember correctly. Shame about work the next day.

connect4back.jpg

boy.

straight

wings cru
me and my mates all emailed about the heatwave party, anyone know if we are supposed to get confirmation? hows it going to work on the day? tried to go to that uk redbull site but cant get onto it

gabriel

The Heatwave
me and my mates all emailed about the heatwave party, anyone know if we are supposed to get confirmation? hows it going to work on the day? tried to go to that uk redbull site but cant get onto it

i emailed a few names to the redbull address so my mates can get in and heard back from them a day or so later so yeah i guess you should hear back? i don't have any involvement in the listmaking though, so don't really know the deal... weird having a guestlist for a carnival thing isn't it?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I'm thinking of heading up to London if the weather looks alright. I'm a total Carnival n00b, what's the thing to do? When / where is best to go?

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
I'm thinking of heading up to London if the weather looks alright. I'm a total Carnival n00b, what's the thing to do? When / where is best to go?

Bring some earplugs ! It's probably the loudest square mile you're ever likely to experience.

If you don't like crowds , go early on sunday, it's great coz you can wander around with lot's of space and really see all the rigs/parades and not get in a jam. Westbourne Park tube is good on Sunday coz it plonks you right in the middle of the whole thing. If you like it mental then pop along late monday when it really heats up.

If it's busy goto Kensal Rise tube and follow everyone , very easy route into the madness. Don't try and walk across the whole carnival site, it'll take ages and you'll get lost and stuck.

Last edited: