a word about BASSLINE

Buick6

too punk to drunk
was just in the UK in Nottingham, and even though the fad has died down, I picked up some
bootlegs of Mr.V etc...Anyway I was initially really excited by this stuff, but like all Limey music, that 'immediate pop rush orgasm' wears off after about the third listen, and it's more English post-89 pulp music..

I played it to my associates in Paris, and they said that it's just speed garridge with the novelty of the wobbly-bobbly bassline sounds...I guss the best thing about the sound is it's inherent C64/Amiga ghetto style...

So whats the next trend from UK, since I'm gunna go back to listening my old Maurizio records

zhao

there are no accidents
was just in the UK in Nottingham, and even though the fad has died down, I picked up some
bootlegs of Mr.V etc...Anyway I was initially really excited by this stuff, but like all Limey music, that 'immediate pop rush orgasm' wears off after about the third listen, and it's more English post-89 pulp music..

I played it to my associates in Paris, and they said that it's just speed garridge with the novelty of the wobbly-bobbly bassline sounds...I guss the best thing about the sound is it's inherent C64/Amiga ghetto style...

So whats the next trend from UK, since I'm gunna go back to listening my old Maurizio records

no it's not just a fad. it's a permutation. "just a fad" is a really annoying thing to hear from conservatives about new sounds. and they will always say "OH IT'S JUST ______ WITH A LITTLE ______ and maybe some _______" fuck right off you pompous bore.

my neo-soul enthusiast friend said that about dubstep before turning around. and the borderline ethnophobic "oh it's just another one of those ENGLISH THINGS" is terrible too.

and there are loads of good things produced within parameter of the style (albeit amongst a lot of shit).

casually slagging off an entire area of music production exciting to many people around here = No Win 4 U

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Hey I got a 6 fucking CD set of unnerground ghetto madness! If I was a 'conservative' I woulda bought the mix cd from the fucking supermarket! Suck my balls!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Pfft, the idea of an Aussie 'ethnophobically' abusing English people makes me chortle.

Unless Buick is an aborigine, in which case, you know, sorry and everything. :eek:

Edit: I don't belong in this thread. Nighty night guys.

Last edited:

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Lick my shit! I coulda bought a fucking CD at MORRISON'S!!!!

Fuck you you've never been to Australia! Don't talk ethno shit to me you smarty-farty!

And you wanna talk about Aboriginals or Koories? Please refrain from colonialist smart-twat lingo. OK?

But back to the topic, it seems the BASSLINE scene is more underground and exciting than fricken Amy and pete!!! There's a BASSLINE night on Friday at Gatecrasher Nottingham, unfortunately I skipped the country!!!

zhao

there are no accidents
"like all limey music, that 'immediate pop rush orgasm' wears off after about the third listen"

right.

please waste more of people's time with stupid say-nothing posts you boring little dweeb.