Slowdive Ligeti link

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Thought this was interesting - must be where Slowdive got the cover imagery for Pygmalion.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In the 70's, Rainer Wehinger created a visual listening score to accompany Gyorgy Ligeti's Artikulation. I scanned the pages and synchronized them with the music. Enjoy!

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Artikulation must have been written when Ligeti was studying with Stockhausen at the Cologne School. It sounds so much like Kontakte. Very cool visuals.

Rambler

Awanturnik
Ligeti wasn't studying with Stockhausen as such, but Artikulation was written in the Cologne studio where Stockhausen was working at the time. This is in 1958, a couple of years after Ligeti left Hungary, from whence he travelled to Cologne to hook up with Stockhausen at the studio. I think he slept on Stockhausen's floor for a while.

Kate Mossad

I used to have a copy of the visual performance score for Artikulation which came with a CD of source sounds. Lost now of course...