Shed

Alfons

Way of the future
Really really feeling his album, my copy is on the way but had a chance to listen to the cd at a record store and oh is it good! It has a detroit edge to it, sounds old but yet new. Really excited by this and it seems Im not the only one.

Not too familiar with his older stuff but the Warped Mind from the Berghain mix cd is brilliant and the ep with the made up sound remix is really good to.

http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Shed/

http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=5436

dogger

Sweet Virginia
picked up the vinyl when i was in hardwax last month, seemed to be out earlier over there. it's a good album, i suspect (and have heard) that the cd version is a more coherent listen, but there are some real standouts on the vinyl: that beats everything, estrange and flat axe are particular favourites...some interesting dubstep/ostgut techno crossover stuff on there too.

optimum

Poochie
Very good, gonna pick it up soon. Guess I'll get it on wax, mp3 downloads/cd sequenced version with the vinyl would be nice.

straight

wings cru
not sure on this, only had a quick listen and it was a little too idm for my liking. stick to the bang-bangs mr shed.

U-Basstard

tragic mix
it's definitely not an IDM album. The techno tracks kick like a bitch, and 'Estrange' is quite stunning, try again Straight.

datura

white collar loafer
Got this coming in the post (chop chop boomkat). Really liked the samples they and hardwax had up.

straight

wings cru
it was a quick listen in the middle of a load of stuff. my ipods out of commission so my catchup time for albums is next to nothing, i'll give it some time over the weekend

Grill

love this album. My personal fave is "Ithaw"

anyone notice how steppy this album is? I kinda thought it was a berlin techno producer unwittingly stumbling upon the techy 2step/dubstep sound, but I had a look at his myspace and he seems to be into 2562, Martyn, peverelist, appleblim, etc.

Regardless, it's a great crossover. Whereas martyn comes to that deep sound from a 2step angle, shed seems to be getting there from a techno angle.

Client Eastwood

Slept on this but eagerly awaiting delivery. Did you listen to the lastest Convextion there's a couple of steppy tracks on there too and not a hiss to be heard which pleased me so much.

U-Basstard

tragic mix
it's all about the shuffle with Shed's gear, his old Soloaction gear used to trip me up everytime when mixing coz his rhythms are so off, which makes it even better for interpretative techno dancing;). but yeah, he's definitely into 2562, his Subsolo label releases the A Made Up Sound gear. We've got him booked for a live show in November, i cannae wait!

Client Eastwood

Had my third listen of the CD version last night. 21.00 all work done, feet up relaxing and maxing. Once again the 'introduce background hiss' button was not pressed so thats good. I didnt get me immediately and its a real grower.