Lee Jasper and segregationist schooling

john eden

male pale and stale
I'm really wound up by this.

Mr Jasper said: "The fact is, it's time the black community ran its own schools, devised a curriculum that suited the needs of our children, employed teachers that look like the young people they are teaching."

Mr Jasper said black schools would be open to all races but would be "focused in terms of their ethos, ethics and curriculum to the needs of our children".

"Some of the greatest black leaders in the world - Dr Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, to name just two - attended all black schools and universities.

"The US has many historically black colleges and universities. They cater for the needs of the African American and they excel. I am not arguing here for a BNP-style 'apartheid education system'. I am talking about black business, parents, schools and our magnificent churches coming together and establishing schools that are open to all and are organised around the behavioural, pastoral, psychological and cultural requirements of black young people growing up in a economic environment that excludes black people."
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hrdXGwFBknsEi1ioOEX15emqQibQ

It's something he's been demanding for ages:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/education/1398628.stm

He is right, of course, that having faith schools opens the door for all of this. Which is a reason to do away with faith schools, in my book.

"Some of the greatest black leaders in the world - Dr Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, to name just two - attended all black schools and universities."

Yes, let's recreate the conditions in which Dr King and Nelson Mandela went to school, shall we? Fucking twat.

STN

sou'wester
Oh he's just a prick. I'm glad I don't look like any of the people who taught me. One of them had a fucking Tyrolean hat.

I'd be surprised if he actually means it. He just wants to start an argument where everyone's a dickhead.

mms

sometimes
nope hes a complete prick on this subject

there was a good documentary on him by a black journalist called kenan malik, about 3 years ago on ch4 and lee jasper came across as a bullying prick with ideas that really turn back the clock with no arguement to why they would make things better for anyone.

http://www.kenanmalik.com/critics/tv&radio/disunited_kingdom.html

some reviews of it there, he held the same views as nick griffin on schools in the programme i seem to remember. I was very suspicious of him after seeing him on that.

The arguement that martin luther king and nelson mandela went to black only schools too is just self evident stupidity no?

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
a review on Malik's website said:
Jasper was unperturbed at seeing Griffin cite approvingly his own position on separate schooling. He dismissed Malik's position as a 'white left' one (much worse than sharing ground with the far right, apparently), and disappeared into a lift with a Black Power salute.

Hmm, a nice constructive attitude there, by there sound of it.

The degree to which the modern far right, elements of the far left and certain self-appointed 'community leaders' among ethnic minorities appear to collude with and feed off each other is extremely disturbing.

john eden

male pale and stale
The BNP is describing Lee Jasper as "half black", which is as hilarious as it is depressing.

So... he is also "half white"?!