tropic thunder

alo

Has anyone else seen this yet?

If anyone has ever wondered what happens when you give hollywood a-listers 90 million dollars to make a comedy, give it a shot. Still, at least they look like they're having a good time.
Jack Black: "Ben, I'm knackered.... do we have enough funny stuff for the trailers yet?"
Stiller: "Yup, at least 6 and a half minutes. Now we can relax and really have laugh!"
McConaughey: "Yeehaw! Less blow summin' up!!"
(cue: Explosions)

crackerjack

Has anyone else seen this yet?

If anyone has ever wondered what happens when you give hollywood a-listers 90 million dollars to make a comedy, give it a shot. Still, at least they look like they're having a good time.
Jack Black: "Ben, I'm knackered.... do we have enough funny stuff for the trailers yet?"
Stiller: "Yup, at least 6 and a half minutes. Now we can relax and really have laugh!"
McConaughey: "Yeehaw! Less blow summin' up!!"
(cue: Explosions)

You missed out Downey Jr. He's the only reason I want to go.

alo

Downey Jr. is just like the rest of the project; ie, weirdly pointless and tiresome. His blacked up character Kirk Lazurus is neither funny or entirely serious, oddly rendering any controversy null and void.
I think the spoof trailers at the start of the film might be floating around the web somewhere, and they are worth watching as they are genuinely funny- the other 1 hour and 50 minutes are rubbish.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
I thought this was hilarious, it's a pretty tall order of an idea to pull off but i think they just about do it. Don't like Ben Stiller but this movie is great coz you laf at him. RDJ is splendid, it's hard actually to see if the joke is on him or with us or with the fictional film.

Yes, who wants to see 'Satan's Alley' , i hope this gets made Trailer