Blackdown remix of Geeneus feat Wiley, Riko and Breeze Knife and Gun

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Fucking hell.

This is what it's all about.

Blackdown showing us all where it's at on this one.

Utterly superb and I think I'm actually a bit late on this!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Sorry m8 but I just think the beat's really leaden on this.

I can hear alot of industrial stuff in what you're doing - the delay, Nine Inch Nail type rhythms, I just wish you'd twist it further really, or if you're not listening or influenced by that stuff then maybe check it cos I can definitely hear it in the music. Sorry if that sounds negative, I've meandered around posting for a bit but I'm not sure 100 percent good feedback is a good thing, y'know? Good on yer for getting the track n that though.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
ah cool, no worries. I dont listen to industrial, those drums are inspired by dexplicit, timbaland and, well, wherever i can place the hits. but it's all good: each to their own.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I don't think the beat's not laden, there's the same slightly off kilter jerk you get in grime and crunk, and lots of dizzying switchbacks and rhythmic shifts.

I do listen to industrial (check my The First Taste of Hope Is Fear mix) and I think blackdown is quite twisted enough already! :)

mistersloane

Doh I was pissed and knew I should have waited to post. I was listening to totally the wrong mix of it, wasn't I? Your version's much better than Geeneus', which is what I was saying was leaden. Just ignore me lol.

And that Kuri Pataka tune is boss.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Hilarious!

Actually, talking of (unwitting - and probably not entirely welcome!) industrial influences, have you heard Dis/East? It's almost like an out-take from Coil's The Horse Rotorvator... delicate, almost post-classical, Philip Glass-like, though actually mainlined grime... fabulous...

mistersloane

Sooooooo embarrassed!

Just boomkatted Dis/East, very nice, got a Unique 3 but mellower thing going on, I'll have to check out in the album when I get some cash. About 2012 at the rate I'm goin at the moment...

*memo to self 'don't post when pissed, don't post when pissed'...

swears

preppy-kei
I misread this thread title as "Blackdown remix of Genesis" but it's Logan Sama who's the Genesis fan, isn't it?

Kuma

The Konspirator
No Dubplate Required.
Another Day In SE3
Take Me Home (From FWD)
In The Dance Tonight

all humour aside though, it's a cracking remix.