new blog: grime/dubstep/small american cities (bandwagon bandwagon)

cooper

I've jumped on the bandwagon only two years too late and set myself up a blog.
http://urbanrenewalrecords.com/blog/

I'll be talking shit about djing, college radio, grime and dubstep, hip-hop (particularly durham's nascent Little Brother-inspired scene), and what it's like to mostly play music no one in this city's ever heard of. I'll also be archiving my 12" reviews from XLR8R, including the ones they don't run (some of my sweetest little 60-word gems!) and I'll see if I can't put up some samples of unreleased grime and dubstep tracks.

Full RSS/Atom feeds available too for those of you with feedreaders.

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
Not bad and good luck.

From a user (and 100% web design amateur) view you should increase that font size
for the blog (it's quite tiny compared to the rest of the content, match it with the rest of site.

luka

i would like to add that i took Cooper through the east end, the tour culminating in rhythm division where he spent all his hard earned dollars and discussed americas nascent grime scene with maximum*. this is my claim to fame. luckily some obliging kids stood at a bus stop in Bow discussing dubplates and MCs.

*it might not have been maximum, i really can't remember.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I liked the most recent entry.

It's nice to see the things which set grime apart from underground garage, dnb, hip hop and dancehall get noticed. The live sets are ridiculously energetic.