PDA

View Full Version : if you was designing a new drug

luka
22-10-2008, 04:12 AM
what effects would it have?

luka
22-10-2008, 04:14 AM
i mean,its about time for a new one isn't it? pills are a bit old now.

mistersloane
22-10-2008, 05:06 AM
I'd like one that just changed vision and had no other effects, so you could see in black and white or sepia or any of the other effects you get in i-movie, drugs-as-plug-ins. I'd like to be able to see through the eyes of different celebrities and stuff as well, like wiley-vision and britney-vision and shit would be cool. I'd really like to be able to see what animals see as well.

john eden
22-10-2008, 07:38 AM
yeah it's all about perceptual changes rather than the buzz.

Something like acid that only worked in audio would be wild.

Ditto something which messed with your sense of smell.

nochexxx
22-10-2008, 10:11 AM
what effects would it have?

i'd like something that made me feel utterly normal :eek:

Slothrop
22-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Whatever other effects it had, it'd also screw short term memory in a very specific way so you had no memory of what the trip was like.

vimothy
22-10-2008, 01:05 PM
i'd like one that just changed vision and had no other effects

dmt?

tryptych
22-10-2008, 02:56 PM
dmt?

That has loads of other effects tho - euphoria, body high, mood alteration, and (at high enough dosage) dissociation.

Diisopropyl-tryptamine, DIPT:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal04.shtml

Although subsequent anecdotal evidence suggests it's not only audio, although it certainly has a pronounced aural aspect. Not taken it myself, so I don't know...

As for pills being a bit old - I quite agree. There was a bit of a resurgence of 2C-B last year, you could get these little white pills in London, a pretty easy going psychedelic. Personally I think AMT (alpha-methyl tryptamine) is a lovely drug, and totally legal in the UK. It's a bit like a 10 hour smacky E kind of high, with some golden tinted visual effects as you increase the dose.

vimothy
22-10-2008, 02:58 PM
That has loads of other effects tho - euphoria, body high, mood alteration, and (at high enough dosage) dissociation.

Dunno, DMT I associate with extreme hallucinations and (what seemed like) otherwise total lucidity. Which was strange.

tryptych
22-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd like one that just changed vision and had no other effects, so you could see in black and white or sepia or any of the other effects you get in i-movie, drugs-as-plug-ins. I'd like to be able to see through the eyes of different celebrities and stuff as well, like wiley-vision and britney-vision and shit would be cool. I'd really like to be able to see what animals see as well.

There's a short sc-fi story about designer drugs that let you see the world in the style of different painters, which start out at nice soft impressionist stuff and move onto the "harder" cubism etc... I can't remember for the life of me who it's by though.

tryptych
22-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Dunno, DMT I associate with extreme hallucinations and (what seemed like) otherwise total lucidity. Which was strange.

Don't you get the usual psychedelic side effects? Dry mouth, tendancy to giggle, mild memory impairment - that sort of thing

Low doses of DMT produce a definite, pleasant "high" before the visuals kick in. And high doses can be quite anxiety provoking as your ego frays around the edges..

vimothy
22-10-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure I'd describe my experiences as 'pleasant'. Fucking terrifying, maybe, but not pleasant. I didn't get hallucinations (at least, that's how it seemed). There was just a lot of stuff there that wouldn't be there normally. Hallucinations I can cope with, but this...

Sick Boy
22-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I am looking for something, which probably exists already beyond my knowledge, that is a mildly euphoric relaxant like weed, but allows you to retain a level of focus (which you lose with weed), and clarity (which you lose with alcohol).

CHAOTROPIC
22-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I am looking for something, which probably exists already beyond my knowledge, that is a mildly euphoric relaxant like weed, but allows you to retain a level of focus (which you lose with weed), and clarity (which you lose with alcohol).

I may just have screwed up body chemistry, but a little bomb of speed usually does exactly that for me. Perks me up, lowers inhibition, increases attention, focus & sociability.

How about coffee & a cigarette? :D

Sick Boy
22-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I may just have screwed up body chemistry, but a little bomb of speed usually does exactly that for me. Perks me up, lowers inhibition, increases attention, focus & sociability.

Ah-ha but you are missing the integral part of what I'm looking for: I want something that increases attention and focus, but slows me down. A combination of the perks of uppers and the perks of downers. How great would that be? Something that is warm and relaxing and amplifies your senses, but also doesn't reduce you to a babbling and delusional (alcohol) or apathetic and scatterbrained (weed) idiot.

Slothrop
22-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Cup of tea and a biccy?

mistersloane
22-10-2008, 06:28 PM
dmt?

I got the opposite with that one, weirdly, looking out of my eyes everything was normal, it was when I blinked or closed them that it kicked in, very Gibson that one.

And no! Not giggly at all, very frightening, very full-on. It was everything I ever wanted acid to be but wasn't.

mistersloane
22-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Ah-ha but you are missing the integral part of what I'm looking for: I want something that increases attention and focus, but slows me down. A combination of the perks of uppers and the perks of downers. How great would that be? Something that is warm and relaxing and amplifies your senses, but also doesn't reduce you to a babbling and delusional (alcohol) or apathetic and scatterbrained (weed) idiot.

heroin

nomadthethird
22-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Personally I think AMT (alpha-methyl tryptamine) is a lovely drug, and totally legal in the UK. It's a bit like a 10 hour smacky E kind of high, with some golden tinted visual effects as you increase the dose.

Agreed, I think it would be really great if you could make a version of AMT that wasn't quite as harsh on the stomach and body (whenever I took that I'd lie around puking before onset kind of like peyote or mescaline type nausea with a harsh headachey edge) but had those same kind of ambient-light digital pixelated hallucinations. AMT really has the most interesting visuals of anything I've taken, but I've heard ibogaine trumps all. On that I've been told you literally get visited by "The Spirit of Iboga" who takes you to Africa, gives you a couple more spirit guides, then uses a Q&A session that guides you through all the painful experiences in your life and tells you how to heal from them.

nomadthethird
22-10-2008, 06:50 PM
heroin

yeah he basically described an opiate high to a t, although over time you get pretty listless and sleep way too much. and your tolerance gets too high too fast so you're in the poorhouse quick.

and there's the horrific withdrawal symptoms and intense physical AND psychological addictive properties. if you could take these away it'd be the perfect ride.

nomadthethird
22-10-2008, 06:52 PM

Chaotropic you'd totally get diagnosed with the ADD if you lived in the U.S. Then they'd give you amphetamines legally ;)

nomadthethird
22-10-2008, 06:54 PM
it was when I blinked or closed them that it kicked in, very Gibson that one.

I've heard this is also true of ibogaine, but I get this with mushrooms too. also on mushrooms if i look up at the sky my hallucinations intensify by quite a bit.

Sick Boy
22-10-2008, 07:52 PM
heroin

haha! I just invented Heroin!

I should've known...

nomadthethird
22-10-2008, 07:54 PM
haha! I just invented Heroin!

I should've known...

yeah that name and picture make more sense now...

Sick Boy
22-10-2008, 10:23 PM
yeah that name and picture make more sense now...

The whole time it was right underneath my nose ...:eek:

CHAOTROPIC
23-10-2008, 01:51 AM
The whole time it was right underneath my nose ...:eek:

Well sniff it up then, there's a good sick boy :p

Mr. Tea
23-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Thing is, there are already so many millions of different drugs that do different things you'd be hard pushed to think of any affect (oh cunt, that should have been 'effect' but IR has already quoted it for posterity) that something somewhere doesn't already have to some degree. Apart from something obviously impossible like a drug that makes you invisible - although a drug that makes you think you're invisible might be pretty amusing, at least to other people.

I'd go more with certain existing drugs with their annoying side-effects or after-effects removed, eg.

* a drug identical to ecstasy in every respect, but without the inhibition of physical sexual function - I think anyone who invents this would deserve every Nobel prize for chemistry from now on, for ever and ever :D

* or, something like acid or mushrooms that doesn't give you the distinct impression that you're losing your mind - though this is of course inseparable from all their other effects

* or, an opiate you can enjoy whenever you like without building up a tolerance, getting addicted or suffering constipation from hell,

* or, how about a hangover-free version of BOOZE???

yeah it's all about perceptual changes rather than the buzz.

Drug nerd that I am, I've read that diisopropyltryptamine (DIPT (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dipt/dipt.shtml)) has very interesting audio effects - not that I've tried it, it's not really the kind of thing your friendly neighbourhood dealer usually carries. I imagine it'd be a bit like asking for clarky-cats or triple sod. :)

Edit: damn, shoulda known tryptych would get there first on this one, his name says it all really...

IdleRich
23-10-2008, 01:39 PM
"Thing is, there are already so many millions of different drugs that do different things you'd be hard pushed to think of any affect that something somewhere doesn't already have to some degree. Apart from something obviously impossible like a drug that makes you invisible - although a drug that makes you think you're invisible might be pretty amusing, at least to other people."
Reminds me of this story

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=29&art_id=qw1036670220368B241&set_id=1

"Tehran - Iranian police are looking for a phoney sorcerer who conned a man into believing he was invisible and could rob banks, newspapers reported on Thursday.
Customers at a Tehran bank quickly overpowered the deluded robber after he started snatching banknotes from their hands.
Appearing in court, the repentant thief said he had paid five million rials (about R6 250) to a man who gave him some spells and told him to tie them to his arm to become invisible.
"I made a mistake. I understand now what a big trick was played on me," the would-be bank robber reportedly told the judge."

mms
23-10-2008, 03:10 PM
* or, an opiate you can enjoy whenever you like without building up a tolerance, getting addicted or suffering constipation from hell,

opium itself is pretty much like that and before heroin was synthasised and before the old opium wars was was a pretty much problem free opiate used as a painkiller widely, sounds lovely, if i was the government i'd deal cut a deal in afghanistan to grow opium legally for export, (he said woolily)

i'd like a drug that made you sleep well with absolutley fucking mental dreams but then when you wake up you feel totally brilliant.

there are a few good smokes out there nowdays that give you the feeling of stonedness without some of the feelings or nausea and paranoia.

i always want to take more and different drugs than i actually do, i just never get round to it.

Mr. Tea
23-10-2008, 03:23 PM
opium itself is pretty much like that and before heroin was synthasised and before the old opium wars was was a pretty much problem free opiate used as a painkiller widely...

Is that strictly true, though? People still got addicted to it, didn't they? De Quincy and that lot, for one thing. It was a huge problem in China after the Opium Wars, certainly, and while this must have had a lot to do with the abundance of the stuff it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't addictive. If you're taking a concoction that has morphine as its active ingredient for any period of time you're going to end up hooked, there's no way around it.

Edit:

i'd like a drug that made you sleep well with absolutley fucking mental dreams but then when you wake up you feel totally brilliant.

Some people take a mixture of things - like valerian, St. John's Wort, 5-HTP and so on, better described as supplements than drugs, really - before going to bed, and report highly vivid, often lucid dreams.

mms
23-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Is that strictly true, though? People still got addicted to it, didn't they? De Quincy and that lot, for one thing. It was a huge problem in China after the Opium Wars, certainly, and while this must have had a lot to do with the abundance of the stuff it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't addictive. If you're taking a concoction that has morphine as its active ingredient for any period of time you're going to end up hooked, there's no way around it.

Edit:

Some people take a mixture of things - like valerian, St. John's Wort, 5-HTP and so on, better described as supplements than drugs, really - before going to bed, and report highly vivid, often lucid dreams.

well i read this book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emperors-Dreams-Drugs-Nineteenth-Century/dp/1873982488

a guy who's quite a respected historian of drug culture and he thinks that de quincey was rather romantic about his drug use and that like most other wars there is a massive level of misleading propoganda around the war with china.

yeah also mugwort is something that's mean't to be a sort of sleep lsd' but i tried drinking it over a period of time and all that happed was my kidneys hurt, i'm gonna try again smoking it though.

Lichen
23-10-2008, 04:28 PM

What's wrong with cheese.

nomadthethird
23-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Drug nerd that I am, I've read that diisopropyltryptamine (DIPT (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dipt/dipt.shtml)) has very interesting audio effects - not that I've tried it, it's not really the kind of thing your friendly neighbourhood dealer usually carries. I imagine it'd be a bit like asking for clarky-cats or triple sod. :)

Edit: damn, shoulda known tryptych would get there first on this one, his name says it all really...

I'm pretty sure you can order all the "5-meo-" drugs online. They're not illegal in the US yet...you can def get AMT online anyway...and I've heard 2ct7

PS There is one (synthetic) opiate that has minimal withdrawal effects compared to others, it's called suboxone and I take it legally everyday. Some people sell it on craigslist...

nomadthethird
23-10-2008, 10:41 PM

different opiates are synthesized from different alkaloids derived from poppies, but there are "families" or groups for each alkaloid. back when they synthesized heroin (which is from the same alkaloid as morphine, it's actually just morphine with two more acetyls added, which helps it pass through the blood-brain-barrier much much faster than morphine or other opiates can, make it exponentially more addictive) it was perfectly legal, but soon after it became popular doctors noticed people were coming back for more at increasingly rapid rates that far exceeded their medical need for heroin as TB relief...

to make a long story short raw opium is addictive--they used it during the civil war and all kinds of soldiers got addicted

swears
23-10-2008, 10:52 PM
* or, how about a hangover-free version of BOOZE???

Screwdrivers made with premium vodka, it works!

Mr. Tea
23-10-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure you can order all the "5-meo-" drugs online. They're not illegal in the US yet...you can def get AMT online anyway...and I've heard 2ct7

PS There is one (synthetic) opiate that has minimal withdrawal effects compared to others, it's called suboxone and I take it legally everyday. Some people sell it on craigslist...

Certainly not in the UK you can't, and probably not in America either - you sure about this? At least, not from a vendor who's confident he's not going to be rudely awakened at 6am by the Feds pretty soon. AMT is an exception in British drug law at least, for some reason. As regards the 2C family, they're ALL illegal in this country, even the ones that haven't been synthesised yet - the Misuse of Drugs Act is worded in such a way as to say "Such-and-such a chemical is illegal, and any other chemical that differs by such-and-such a substitution is also illegal". So in UK law, someone creating a completely new compound that's never existed before can be committing a criminal act. Yay for us.

Edit: Bayer AG originally marketed heroin as a non-addictive alternative to morphine. 100% trufax.

nomadthethird
23-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Certainly not in the UK you can't, and probably not in America either - you sure about this? At least, not from a vendor who's confident he's not going to be rudely awakened at 6am by the Feds pretty soon. AMT is an exception in British drug law at least, for some reason. As regards the 2C family, they're ALL illegal in this country, even the ones that haven't been synthesised yet - the Misuse of Drugs Act is worded in such a way as to say "Such-and-such a chemical is illegal, and any other chemical that differs by such-and-such a substitution is also illegal". So in UK law, someone creating a completely new compound that's never existed before can be committing a criminal act. Yay for us.

Edit: Bayer AG originally marketed heroin as a non-addictive alternative to morphine. 100% trufax.

Hmm...well the Feds in the U.S. are busy folks, they wouldn't give a shit about someone buying any of this stuff in small quantities, but I'm not entirely sure about legality. I know for sure salvia is legal, and when I was in college AMT, DMT, and DPT, DIPT were all legal.

I am sure, regardless of legality, that as of a couple of years ago you could order 2cts online. You can also order benzos from South Africa and Mexico, too. And weak opium preps mixed with NSAIDs or APAP like vicodin.

I heard that heroin was initially marketed as non-addictive, but I never really believed it until I saw some History Channel show all about opiates and cocaine and their history in the U.S.

Mr. Tea
23-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I heard that heroin was initially marketed as non-addictive, but I never really believed it until I saw some History Channel show all about opiates and cocaine and their history in the U.S.

See also: 'Reefer Madness' (passim), the wiley Chinaman and his devilish Opium, and cops issued with extra-large-calibre handguns because ordinary bullets weren't powerful enough to stop a COCAINIZED NEGRO is his tracks. The latter basically forming the blueprint 60-70 years later for similar myths about PCP. And to think Special Brew is still legally available...

tryptych
24-10-2008, 12:17 AM
I got the opposite with that one, weirdly, looking out of my eyes everything was normal, it was when I blinked or closed them that it kicked in, very Gibson that one.

And no! Not giggly at all, very frightening, very full-on. It was everything I ever wanted acid to be but wasn't.

'm not sure I'd describe my experiences as 'pleasant'. Fucking terrifying, maybe, but not pleasant. I didn't get hallucinations (at least, that's how it seemed). There was just a lot of stuff there that wouldn't be there normally. Hallucinations I can cope with, but this...

For me DMT has only ever been like a mushroom trip compressed into 10 minutes, but then I find it very hard on my lungs to smoke much - I certainly don't think I've had a "breakthrough" experience.

Bear in mind that almost all DMT is extracted from plant material, and so varies in content. For example, extracts from phalaris grass contain a not insignificant amount of 5-methoxy-dmt, which is quite a different experience. The use of phalaris as a source was popularised in the '90s by Jim DeKornes book.

More recently, mimosa hostilis has been a more common choice of source, as it contains almost entirely DMT in it's alkaloid content.

I only mention this as certainly vim's comments are more typical of 5-meo-dmt experiences than dmt ones.

nomadthethird
24-10-2008, 01:27 AM
For me DMT has only ever been like a mushroom trip compressed into 10 minutes, but then I find it very hard on my lungs to smoke much - I certainly don't think I've had a "breakthrough" experience.

Bear in mind that almost all DMT is extracted from plant material, and so varies in content. For example, extracts from phalaris grass contain a not insignificant amount of 5-methoxy-dmt, which is quite a different experience. The use of phalaris as a source was popularised in the '90s by Jim DeKornes book.

More recently, mimosa hostilis has been a more common choice of source, as it contains almost entirely DMT in it's alkaloid content.

I only mention this as certainly vim's comments are more typical of 5-meo-dmt experiences than dmt ones.

Never knew there were so many different kinds of DMT, but the kind I tried must have been 5-MeO-DMT because I had the same kind of "not quite pleasant" experience as Vimothy...I thought maybe it just didn't work properly or I didn't do enough...

There's some big scare right now in the U.S. about "a drug as potent as LSD" that's perfectly legal--salvia--and Dr. Phil and TV show hosts are trying to scare parents about this with silly videos of kids flailing around and moaning under its influence.

nomadthethird
24-10-2008, 01:31 AM
See also: 'Reefer Madness' (passim), the wiley Chinaman and his devilish Opium, and cops issued with extra-large-calibre handguns because ordinary bullets weren't powerful enough to stop a COCAINIZED NEGRO is his tracks. The latter basically forming the blueprint 60-70 years later for similar myths about PCP. And to think Special Brew is still legally available...

Yeah, the PCP myths are funny, but I shit you not some guy in my parents town died a few years ago while on PCP because he rode his bike (naked) into a brick wall and was badly injured...

bassbeyondreason
24-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Don't most of the PCP myths come from people mixing it with crack?
I think that's what made Bushwick Bill shoot himself.

nomadthethird
24-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Don't most of the PCP myths come from people mixing it with crack?
I think that's what made Bushwick Bill shoot himself.

Wow I don't know. That would be like mercilessly beating yourself over the head with the jacked up crazy stick.

I know that a lot of people smoke "dippies", which is sometimes a cigarette dipped in PCP or laced with it and sometimes blunts or joints dipped in it.

nomadthethird
24-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Reminds me of this story

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=29&art_id=qw1036670220368B241&set_id=1

OMG. I wonder if this guy made the Darwin awards...

bassbeyondreason
24-10-2008, 04:21 AM
I've had PCP-soaked weed. Not much different to ketamine, really. I think it's when you mix it with a strong stimulant that you get the bezerker frenzy trip (although I once got something similar from whiskey+MDMA, thankfully no one was hurt)

droid
24-10-2008, 11:11 AM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_01/ChriMorris_468x336.jpg

Mr. Tea
24-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, the PCP myths are funny, but I shit you not some guy in my parents town died a few years ago while on PCP because he rode his bike (naked) into a brick wall and was badly injured...

That's rubbish, if the stuff did what it was meant to do he'd have ridden THROUGH the wall, not into it.

turtles
24-10-2008, 08:56 PM
After much thought I have decided that I would like a drug that gave me direct conscious control over my low-level perceptual processes that are usually completely non-conscious and automatic. That way I could swap color channels in my vision, mess with my 3D spatial perception...and generally just control my own hallucinations. That'd be sweet.

Mr. Tea
24-10-2008, 09:41 PM
What's wrong with cheese.

This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_(drug)

nomadthethird
24-10-2008, 10:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_(recreational_drug)

in NYC Cheese is called "you just got ripped-off" or "bunk" or "joke's on you suckabrains"

nomadthethird
24-10-2008, 10:24 PM
After much thought I have decided that I would like a drug that gave me direct conscious control over my low-level perceptual processes that are usually completely non-conscious and automatic. That way I could swap color channels in my vision, mess with my 3D spatial perception...and generally just control my own hallucinations. That'd be sweet.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a drug that showed you all of your unconscious mechanisms or your Id in process or something? I suppose low-level limbic functions overlap with these...

Mr. Tea
24-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a drug that showed you all of your unconscious mechanisms or your Id in process or something?

Wouldn't this just send most people instantly and irrecoverably insane? Maybe I'm thinking more of the subconscious rather than unconscious, if there's a difference.

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if there was something that showed you the workings of the different bits of your brain, or even your psyche, in the form of stats bars, like the system monitor on a PC, "your libido is currently operating at 54%", sort of thing, or "Warning: serotonin levels low, eat a banana". :) I've heard some people who take really heroic doses of ibogaine in an attempt to 'reset' their brain chemistry to try and break out of drug addiction can have visions of things like glass tubes with different coloured liquids in them, with the levels rising or falling to reach their proper balance, and have later interpreted this as a visual metaphor for their various neurotransmitters and hormones being reset to their correct quantities after having been screwed up by years of alcoholism or heroin use.

nomadthethird
25-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Wouldn't this just send most people instantly and irrecoverably insane? Maybe I'm thinking more of the subconscious rather than unconscious, if there's a difference.

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if there was something that showed you the workings of the different bits of your brain, or even your psyche, in the form of stats bars, like the system monitor on a PC, "your libido is currently operating at 54%", sort of thing, or "Warning: serotonin levels low, eat a banana". :) I've heard some people who take really heroic doses of ibogaine in an attempt to 'reset' their brain chemistry to try and break out of drug addiction can have visions of things like glass tubes with different coloured liquids in them, with the levels rising or falling to reach their proper balance, and have later interpreted this as a visual metaphor for their various neurotransmitters and hormones being reset to their correct quantities after having been screwed up by years of alcoholism or heroin use.

There's a difference between the unconscious and the subconscious, although in layterms they're usually used interchangeably.

Ibogaine is nowhere near 100% effective if you look at "recovery" in terms of relapse rates, but it's really unique as a chemical because it floods your opiate receptors without producing any sort of high. The first dose tends to take away withdrawal for a day or so, then you need to redose every so often for about a week. At that point ibogaine very slowly disappears from your system making it much easier to go from acute to post-acute (which can be almost as bad psychologically...) This is a critical period where your serotonin is supposed to start flowing and reuptaking properly again, theoretically.

I never believed the whole idea that ibogaine was therapeutic in any other way than on your receptors, but then I talked to people who used it successfully and I read a few articles about psychiatrists who were using it on the sly for talk therapy with patients with trauma histories (kind of the way they use e). There were also a couple of times in recent NYC histories when traveling ibogaine 'treatment centers' came to your house and guided you through the first week or so for a small fee.

mixed_biscuits
25-10-2008, 08:30 AM
I want a drug that puts breakbeats and a Reese bass over whichever music I'm listening to.

viktorvaughn
25-10-2008, 06:50 PM

Diisopropyl-tryptamine, DIPT:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal04.shtml

Although subsequent anecdotal evidence suggests it's not only audio, although it certainly has a pronounced aural aspect. Not taken it myself, so I don't know...

As for pills being a bit old - I quite agree. There was a bit of a resurgence of 2C-B last year, you could get these little white pills in London, a pretty easy going psychedelic. Personally I think AMT (alpha-methyl tryptamine) is a lovely drug, and totally legal in the UK. It's a bit like a 10 hour smacky E kind of high, with some golden tinted visual effects as you increase the dose.

Where can it be purchased?

tryptych
28-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Where can it be purchased?

You can't really anymore, as far as I know - it used to be offered for sale by grey-market chemical vendors in the early '00s, but they've all disappeared, or gone underground I think.

Because of it's unusual legal status there's nothing to stop you getting a lab to knock you up a bunch though...

EDIT - I'm talking about AMT here.

scotch wolves
28-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I want a form of top end hash that looks, smells and tastes like Earl Grey tea.

Mr. Tea
28-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I want a form of top end hash that looks, smells and tastes like Earl Grey tea.

I'd buy THAT for a dollar.

owengriffiths
28-10-2008, 08:14 PM
opium itself is pretty much like that and before heroin was synthasised and before the old opium wars was was a pretty much problem free opiate used as a painkiller widely

There were tons of opium addicts in 19th century Britain, just like there would be many addicted to painkillers today.
This book is probably the most in depth look at things
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Opium-People-Opiate-Century-Britain/dp/1853434140/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225224700&sr=1-1
Descriptions of Lancashire textile workers begging for the chemist to be opened on a Sunday...

I actually did my History thesis on Recreational drugs in 19th century Ireland. The major find of the research was the ether drinking scene in rural ulster. :slanted:

tryptych
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
There were tons of opium addicts in 19th century Britain, just like there would be many addicted to painkillers today.
This book is probably the most in depth look at things
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Opium-People-Opiate-Century-Britain/dp/1853434140/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225224700&sr=1-1
Descriptions of Lancashire textile workers begging for the chemist to be opened on a Sunday...

I actually did my History thesis on Recreational drugs in 19th century Ireland. The major find of the research was the ether drinking scene in rural ulster. :slanted:

The ether thing in Ireland is pretty interesting - wasn't there a priest who expounded on the virtues of ether over alcohol (less violence etc)?