if you was designing a new drug

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I'd like one that just changed vision and had no other effects, so you could see in black and white or sepia or any of the other effects you get in i-movie, drugs-as-plug-ins. I'd like to be able to see through the eyes of different celebrities and stuff as well, like wiley-vision and britney-vision and shit would be cool. I'd really like to be able to see what animals see as well.

john eden

male pale and stale
yeah it's all about perceptual changes rather than the buzz.

Something like acid that only worked in audio would be wild.

Ditto something which messed with your sense of smell.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Whatever other effects it had, it'd also screw short term memory in a very specific way so you had no memory of what the trip was like.

tryptych

waiting for a time

That has loads of other effects tho - euphoria, body high, mood alteration, and (at high enough dosage) dissociation.

john eden said:
Something like acid that only worked in audio would be wild.

Diisopropyl-tryptamine, DIPT:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal04.shtml

Although subsequent anecdotal evidence suggests it's not only audio, although it certainly has a pronounced aural aspect. Not taken it myself, so I don't know...

As for pills being a bit old - I quite agree. There was a bit of a resurgence of 2C-B last year, you could get these little white pills in London, a pretty easy going psychedelic. Personally I think AMT (alpha-methyl tryptamine) is a lovely drug, and totally legal in the UK. It's a bit like a 10 hour smacky E kind of high, with some golden tinted visual effects as you increase the dose.

vimothy

yurp
That has loads of other effects tho - euphoria, body high, mood alteration, and (at high enough dosage) dissociation.

Dunno, DMT I associate with extreme hallucinations and (what seemed like) otherwise total lucidity. Which was strange.

tryptych

waiting for a time
I'd like one that just changed vision and had no other effects, so you could see in black and white or sepia or any of the other effects you get in i-movie, drugs-as-plug-ins. I'd like to be able to see through the eyes of different celebrities and stuff as well, like wiley-vision and britney-vision and shit would be cool. I'd really like to be able to see what animals see as well.

There's a short sc-fi story about designer drugs that let you see the world in the style of different painters, which start out at nice soft impressionist stuff and move onto the "harder" cubism etc... I can't remember for the life of me who it's by though.

tryptych

waiting for a time
Dunno, DMT I associate with extreme hallucinations and (what seemed like) otherwise total lucidity. Which was strange.

Don't you get the usual psychedelic side effects? Dry mouth, tendancy to giggle, mild memory impairment - that sort of thing

Low doses of DMT produce a definite, pleasant "high" before the visuals kick in. And high doses can be quite anxiety provoking as your ego frays around the edges..

vimothy

yurp
I'm not sure I'd describe my experiences as 'pleasant'. Fucking terrifying, maybe, but not pleasant. I didn't get hallucinations (at least, that's how it seemed). There was just a lot of stuff there that wouldn't be there normally. Hallucinations I can cope with, but this...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I am looking for something, which probably exists already beyond my knowledge, that is a mildly euphoric relaxant like weed, but allows you to retain a level of focus (which you lose with weed), and clarity (which you lose with alcohol).

CHAOTROPIC

on account
I am looking for something, which probably exists already beyond my knowledge, that is a mildly euphoric relaxant like weed, but allows you to retain a level of focus (which you lose with weed), and clarity (which you lose with alcohol).

I may just have screwed up body chemistry, but a little bomb of speed usually does exactly that for me. Perks me up, lowers inhibition, increases attention, focus & sociability.

How about coffee & a cigarette? :D

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I may just have screwed up body chemistry, but a little bomb of speed usually does exactly that for me. Perks me up, lowers inhibition, increases attention, focus & sociability.

How about coffee & a cigarette? :D

Ah-ha but you are missing the integral part of what I'm looking for: I want something that increases attention and focus, but slows me down. A combination of the perks of uppers and the perks of downers. How great would that be? Something that is warm and relaxing and amplifies your senses, but also doesn't reduce you to a babbling and delusional (alcohol) or apathetic and scatterbrained (weed) idiot.

Last edited:

mistersloane

I got the opposite with that one, weirdly, looking out of my eyes everything was normal, it was when I blinked or closed them that it kicked in, very Gibson that one.

And no! Not giggly at all, very frightening, very full-on. It was everything I ever wanted acid to be but wasn't.

mistersloane

Ah-ha but you are missing the integral part of what I'm looking for: I want something that increases attention and focus, but slows me down. A combination of the perks of uppers and the perks of downers. How great would that be? Something that is warm and relaxing and amplifies your senses, but also doesn't reduce you to a babbling and delusional (alcohol) or apathetic and scatterbrained (weed) idiot.

heroin

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Personally I think AMT (alpha-methyl tryptamine) is a lovely drug, and totally legal in the UK. It's a bit like a 10 hour smacky E kind of high, with some golden tinted visual effects as you increase the dose.

Agreed, I think it would be really great if you could make a version of AMT that wasn't quite as harsh on the stomach and body (whenever I took that I'd lie around puking before onset kind of like peyote or mescaline type nausea with a harsh headachey edge) but had those same kind of ambient-light digital pixelated hallucinations. AMT really has the most interesting visuals of anything I've taken, but I've heard ibogaine trumps all. On that I've been told you literally get visited by "The Spirit of Iboga" who takes you to Africa, gives you a couple more spirit guides, then uses a Q&A session that guides you through all the painful experiences in your life and tells you how to heal from them.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag

yeah he basically described an opiate high to a t, although over time you get pretty listless and sleep way too much. and your tolerance gets too high too fast so you're in the poorhouse quick.

and there's the horrific withdrawal symptoms and intense physical AND psychological addictive properties. if you could take these away it'd be the perfect ride.

Last edited: