Spooky Music

ether

Any one got any suggestions, I'm trying to compile a Halloween play list.

Please no jokes about hauntology or references to the slightly irritating dj spooky. :rolleyes:

IdleRich

IdleRich
There's a Ghost in My House - not spooky sounding but halloween themed title if that's what you're after.

STN

sou'wester
Goblin!

Also check The Spider and the Fly by The Monocles. That never fails to scare the bejesus out of me.

Anything off the first Comus LP.

Burning Saviour by Pentragram.

All of Three 6 Mafia's early, devilly output.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Also check The Spider and the Fly by The Monocles. That never fails to scare the bejesus out of me."
Yes that's nuts.
Goblin yeah, good one. Is Tubular Bells too obvious? As mentioned before there is a good track from the Exorcist 2 soundtrack by Morricone which has a spooky kind of sound.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"eclectic grooves is you!

http://eclectic-grooves.blogspot.com...-eve-2007.html"
Good stuff, on the same tip how about It's Your Voodoo Working by Charles Sheffield. Absolutely killer tune.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
The Carpenter title track for the film...'The Monster Mash'...'I Put A Spell On You'...'Miles Runs The - ' no, not that one...isn't there a Sonics track called 'Witch'?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"no, not that one...isn't there a Sonics track called 'Witch'?"
The Witch isn't it? Also Rattles had a song with the same name. I'm on a witch role now - Witch of Endor by Moondog, You Must Be a Witch by The Lollipop Shoppe.
Love Me by The Phantom, The Phantom by Renegade Soundwave.

Also, very scary track is Rubber Room by Porter Wagoner.

STN

sou'wester
That Porter Wagoner track is magic. And spooky. There's some quite scary sounding David Axelrod stuff around. And the eee-eee-eee noise from Psycho might make a good interlude.

Johnny Remember Me always scares me a lot. It makes me afraid I'll die old and unwanted, so maybe the wrong kind of spooky.

The Horror by RJD2 is good with evil stringsweeps but has a propulsion that a lot of real soundtrack stuff lacks.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Soundtrack to 'Cannibal Holocaust' by Ortolani (?) is, ahem, killer.

Diamanda Galas will always scare the bejesus out of people.

Current 93 and other similar stuff is fairly creepy.

Wicker Man s/t?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Johnny Remember Me always scares me a lot. It makes me afraid I'll die old and unwanted, so maybe the wrong kind of spooky."
Yeah, absolutely love that. I've got a psych version by some Belgian band which is really nice but my girlfriend won't ever let me play it's too sad. Death songs are a weird genre aren't they? What's the one where he digs up the dead woman?
Another Joe Meek one is Night of the Vampire by The Moontrekkers. Think it's Meek himself that you can hear do the scream at the start on that - it actually got banned by radio for being too scary which is quite an achievement for an instrumental.
Black Mass by Lucifer (Mort Garson) is nice, funny/spooky moog stuff.